Lovetone Ring Stinger owners - how do i work this contraption?

trumpus

• Members

I just picked up a Ring Stinger for a pretty decent price - but no manual. It works, and i was able to coax some pretty crazy sounds out of it at the store, but i was wondering if other Ring Stinger owners had any suggestions for settings, tricks, tips?

What are the inputs for? What do the knobs mean!?

Brian

• Members

Originally posted by Cosmic_Monkey

That's what I thought when I tried out the Meatball. I just wanted the usual envelope filter wah sound and couldn't figure it out for shit.

It's the backwards knobs. I frigged with mine for ages before I realized that I was a dummy. :o

• Members

Originally posted by trumpus

i was wondering if other Ring Stinger owners had any suggestions for settings, tricks, tips?

What are the inputs for? What do the knobs mean!? Brian

Ring Stinger-Start Up Info. Things to Know.

1. Tune it- Set the LFO Freq and VCO switches to square wave. Blend in clean tone. Set VCO Freq. matching it to a guitar pitch. Fine tune it using the LFO Manual knob. The I,3, 5 chord progression will be in tune with that tuned pitch. Now turn on the LFO and set the Rate to get a rhythm going, set Timbre Tone and Drive and play some. Blend in more Clean or Ring Mod to your liking.

2. Carrier In-Any sound source such as a drum machine or synthesizer that's playing a sound can be input to the Carrier thus replacing the internal VCO. This enables you to strum drums or a synth sound fuzz ring modulated where your chord or notes change the pitch of the drums or synth sound. Blend in clean and have the drum beat playing and changing as you play a riff or song.

The VCO output could be input to another amp as a drone where you change pitch of with the VCO CV foot control. When I first did all that it was startling the power of this pedal!

3. Foot Controller- Use a volume pedal that has a Stereo jack only! Like a BOSS EV-5.

4. Octave Pedal-This is a great Octave pedal. You have a Blend to bring in the right amount of clean to beef up the Fuzz Octave sound. The Timbre is a unique tone control unlike the traditional low to high roll off. Drive (1) is a germanium fuzz. This is the only Octave pedal with a LFO that can be set to give you rhythm or tremolo Fuzz Octave.

5. RS plays itself-Take the VCO output into the Input/on. Turn on the LFO and dial up some beating thing. Move the Blend control to alter the existing sound you have dialed in.

6. Misc. I tried the ZVEX Machine into it and the Fuzz Factory after it with great results. Whatever wacky sound you create with the RS can be blended with an OD, Distortion or Fuzz after it. When blending more clean from the RS into a dirt pedal you'll hear more of it then the ring modulation and have better control of your guitar pitch.

The Carrier has some bleed through that is normal.

Here's a setting for wavy space bleeps. All are clock times. LFO Depth 1:30, LFO Rate 8:30, VCO Freq. 3:00, Drive (1) 12:00, Timbre 10:00, Blend 4:00. LFO on, Triangle Freq., VCO Sine (first one). Play some guitar riffs along with the LFO Rate setting. Have Fun, you got it all with this pedal.

The Lovetone Lounge:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16009360#post16009360

• 8 years later...
  • Members

I made a similar post on another thread, but just in case, I'll make one here at the expense of necroing this old one.

Could anyone send me or post a link to the Ring Stinger manual? I've been looking for one on the internet to no avail so far.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hows it going everybody? I recently found a Ring Stinger that I thought was lost or stolen for about the last seven years. I kept talking myself out of buying another one since the price has just skyrocketed from when I first bought it. I bought it used and never had a manual. Is there anyone that might have a scanned manual that could email it? I'd really appreciate it!

Archived