Why does no one like the Lovepedal 1/2 Watt Vintage amps?

• Members
Originally posted by cantoXIII

amps..jpg

i live in a house that i'm paying rent on, and moreso due to that being my living room, right next to the front door.

You must really play loud at your house. Do you practice / learn new stuff / write new songs with that full stack? It may be a bit of overkill unless you have your whole gigging band playing along with you at full volume.

You know what may be a cool thing for you to have? An inexpensive little practice amp.

Just sayin'...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by erksin

Hard to tell 'cause it appears to be quite tiny from here, but this quote of yours smacks of 'dick waving' IMO...

"and this is where the men and the boys are separated. maybe if you don't ever play gigs, which *cough* is {censored}ing lame, then yeh, maybe a 1/2 watt amp is good to not wake your nagging wife. however, i tend to believe that musicians who actually play might need something a little more powerful."

Please correct me if I'm *cough* wrong.

The whole reason I called you out is because you were making a sweeping generalization about a product you've never tried that might be useful to people who have a different gear need than you do. Don't get your mullet in a twist - there are other people in the world, get used to it.

..and don't forget all of the gigging people who use this. In fact I bet 95% of the people that use this play gigs. Your average basement guitarist is too busy with his metalzone to notice lovepedal.

• Members

haha, I like your "rig", how many big macs did you have to make to put that jem together? It has that dumpster diving ghetto crackhead look that we all love. I like the 2x4s for that trailer park white trash touch.

:thu:

man, the amp guys are like whiny prepubescent whores, but you're more comparable to a fetus that was torn out of its mother's womb with the realization that it was an obvious mistake.

• Members

Originally posted by grego7

You must really play loud at your house. Do you practice / learn new stuff / write new songs with that full stack? It may be a bit of overkill unless you have your whole gigging band playing along with you at full volume.

You know what may be a cool thing for you to have? An inexpensive little practice amp.

Just sayin'...

haha.... EXCELLENT.

• Members

wow.

atomheartmother, i hope you are happy.

so, it appears that not everybody has the same exact needs.

surprise, surprise.

it also appears that there may in fact be more than one tool that can accomplish the job of 'home practice,' surprise, surprise.

curious how Gibbons & Keef weigh in on these questions, as they are/were both big fans of the Smokey.

and presumably, had the option of going with Ampeg V4s and JTM-whatevers.

for playing in their kitchens.

• Members

Originally posted by hempathy

What I want to know is why this amp has vintage in the name?

There is nothing vintage about it.....AFAIK.

Have you purchased one and used it? What is your point? All I know is that it sounds great. wtf

• Members

amps..jpg

somehow your attempt at belittling me didn't seem too successful. maybe it's due to the fact that i live in a house that i'm paying rent on, and moreso due to that being my living room, right next to the front door. don't assume when you don't know, it makes you look like a jackass.

Funny how your living room looks like my basement.

:wave:

• Members

Just a guess, but he might be referring to the tone it produces.
Or he invented them back in the early 70's for Robin Trower so that he could practice in his tourbus without disturbing his tour manager Marin Timmy who suffers from an acute auditory ailment that prohibits him from listen to anything above 3 db, or risk permanent damage to the inner ear. They have been sitting in Sean's basement until their recent discovery and he decided to sell them.

:D

• Members

i took it as a 'not heaps of gain' thing.

i did have a few more mins to sit down with mine earlier today. and christ, i didnt know {censored}all about it really i guess, as its hardly the 'cleaner' amp it'd appeared yesterday -- although to be fair, i've paired it with a diff spkr (italian Jensen c10Q) and a different guitar with a speck hotter pups. not quite as dirty as a Smokey'll get, but a decent amount of crunch on tap.

i get the feeling there may be a lot more variety available by using the guitar's controls a bit more aggressively, but i dont wanna say just yet, as i'm still in the under-40-mins phase with it.

for the non-tone-worship practice/playing i do around the house, the grind this thing delivers is perfect. a little rawk sound, no prob. i dont need modelling, or anything fancy -- the Vox & Roland's (and all the other's) features would be a waste on me.

and, like my Smokey's before it, it'll make a perfect 'backup' rig when gigging, one that travels in my jacket pocket. cuz i live on the edge like that, using 9v/18v battery powered amps as backups for my manly tube amps.

greatest thing since sliced bread? hardly. cool little piece of gear? definitely. i've got all sorts of amps, big and small (i could use a medium or two), and this one will have no prob co-existing happily with the rest.

:)

• Members

Fair enough, if it refers to the sound it produces I can start selling all my newly bought pedals and amps as vintage, because they are capable of producing a vintage style distortion.

Anyone got links to kits to make a similar item?

I like the sound. Would be a fun little project.

http://www.runoffgroove.com/ruby.html

Little 1/2 watt amp based on the LM386 IC.

• Members

Fair enough, if it refers to the sound it produces I can start selling all my newly bought pedals and amps as vintage, because they are capable of producing a vintage style distortion....

VD1_sm_.jpg

;)

• Members

Originally posted by grego7

actually, yes to every one of the questions you just asked. and my band does play at full volume whenever we practice, write and record.

robodick, you've proved your worthless, troll-like nature time and again throughout your existence here. learn a new trade.

• Members
Fair enough, if it refers to the sound it produces I can start selling all my newly bought pedals and amps as vintage, because they are capable of producing a vintage style distortion.

You can do whatever you wish. Sean's intent was to separate the cleaner version (Vintage) from the more distorted (Cannibal) unit. Are you in the market to sell newly bought pedals or ones you have built yourself?

• Members

actually, yes to every one of the questions you just asked. and my band does play at full volume whenever we practice, write and record.

robodick, you've proved your worthless, troll-like nature time and again throughout your existence here. learn a new trade.

CantoXIII - here's the deal...
I'm guessing you're fairly young.
There's a fair chance that in 10 to 20 years - you won't be gigging any more. But if you're a real muso, and not just a poser, you'll still play your guitar - maybe better than you do now.
You might even teach a bit, jam a bit, record a bit.
The fact that you no longer gig, won't make you less capable as a player. You can still have an opinion.
Your earlier comment that anyone that doesn't currently gig must be "{censored}in lame", immediately brands you as immature.
Then you get upset when people treat you like that. You named yourself.
;)

• Members

http://www.runoffgroove.com/ruby.html

Little 1/2 watt amp based on the LM386 IC.

personally I think that one is terrible..

you want to go this route..

MiniGuitarAmp.GIF

when powered by a 9V alkaline battery it can deliver about 1.5W peak output power to the incorporated loudspeaker.

Parts:
R1______________22K 1/4W Resistor

C1______________10

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

You can do whatever you wish. Sean's intent was to separate the cleaner version (Vintage) from the more distorted (Cannibal) unit. Are you in the market to sell newly bought pedals or ones you have built yourself?

Ok, I understand, it was to differentiate between his own products. That is a fair use of the term.

I only asked.

I shouldnt have went off half cocked.

RE the VD-1, Boreinger cant be held in high esteem for their business practices.....

I havent fully decided if/when I want to sell pedals/amps myself. I sell some locally, not sure if I want to do e-business anytime soon.

But if you want to see a little practice amp I designed and released for others to build free of charge, then go to this link.

http://cordova.asap.um.maine.edu/~raymondj/imagehost/stereoamp.pdf

Clean headroom, EQ section, master volume.......stereo...

The preamp can be used as a standalone overdrive/distortion box if ran from 9v.

I am NOT selling it.

I repeat, I am NOT selling it.

• Members
Originally posted by Kimsuzzie...

personally I think that one is terrible..

you want to go this route..

MiniGuitarAmp.GIF

when powered by a 9V alkaline battery it can deliver about 1.5W peak output power to the incorporated loudspeaker.

Parts:
R1______________22K 1/4W Resistor

C1______________10

• Members

Ok, I understand, it was to differentiate between his own products. That is a fair use of the term.

I only asked.

I shouldnt have went off half cocked.

RE the VD-1, Boreinger cant be held in high esteem for their business practices.........

half-cocked is the flavor of the day, every day, here at hcfx :mad:

the behringer example was posted fully toungue-in-cheek, although with a name like vd-1, that may not have been all that wise.

sean, no offense intended.

:cool:

Archived