Why does no one like the Lovepedal 1/2 Watt Vintage amps?

• Members

Originally posted by Kimsuzzie...

Ahahahaha..

thats crazy!

3 of the TOP musicians in DA WORLD who actually play, use these 1/2 watt amps EVERYDAY..

Matte Henderson

INSANE closemindedness at its best..

i luv it..
:D

Ok no disrespect but I totally dont get that one.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

I like the N-4 version for dirt. Ragged and nasty.

The Parallel Universe is/was ace - I must make myself one!

I built one for myself and a bass playing friend of mine heard me messing with it one day and said it sounded alot like Muse bass distortion/fuzz.

I hadnt noticed before but the sound is pretty damn close.

So, I built him one too.

He gigs with it regularly and it has became part of his sound. Its the only fuzz he has ever liked on bass.

• Members

-------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by cantoXIII

why does no one like them? maybe because they're only a half watt which makes them {censored}ing impractical, useless and a waste of space.

-------------------------------------------------------

Low watt amps record very well. Bigger is not always better :thu::freak: (after 17 tears, I've finally convinced my Wife :love: )

• Members

Mr. Kimsuzzie is it possible to hook-up a good set of head-phones to the 1/2 watt amp? The ability to play and not disturb anyone would be worth the pocket change.

How clean sounding is the 1/2 watt amp?

hombre

• Members

i'd MUCH rather go into the studio w/ a lovepedal or nano amp than my twin.

and i'd much rather have one of those in my 2nd story apt. than my twin.

live i'll use my twin.

b/c i'm a man.

that said, i think santana stinks.

i can wear a dumb hat and play the same riffs for 40 years too !

• Members

a Fender twin is all very well for turning up on stage and rocking out with, but for playing at home most people consider it slightly excessive, having to have the volume at virtually zero for a managable volume for parents/kids/neighbours

A 1/2 watt amp on the other hand you can run quite happily

1/2 a watt sounds like nothing, but is actually surprisingly loud, using a smokey plugged into my amps 12 inch speaker and it has more than enough volume for playing at home, though maybe not enough for stage granted...

David

• Members

Originally posted by cantoXIII

and this is where the men and the boys are separated. maybe if you don't ever play gigs, which *cough* is {censored}ing lame, then yeh, maybe a 1/2 watt amp is good to not wake your nagging wife. however, i tend to believe that musicians who actually play might need something a little more powerful.

I built a 1/2 watt all tube amp and was playing it cranked in my house. The wife heard me in the driveway getting out of her car.

1/2 watt is louder than you think. I build custom 18 watt Marshally clones, and they are loud enough to blow you out the door through a good 4x12. If you don't need clean headroom, 18 watts is plenty to gig with. A 1/2 watt is plenty to hurt yourself with too. The main thing is going to be clean headroom - you're not going to get a loud clean signal, there's going to be some breakup. Since it sounds like the amp was designed to give that breakup tone, it's not an issue imho.

Pete

• Members

Originally posted by Stratotone

I built a 1/2 watt all tube amp and was playing it cranked in my house. The wife heard me in the driveway getting out of her car....

{censored}.

a real man would be gigging with Marshall Majors every waking hour of every single day, not ever, ever playing in his house.

j/k

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

{censored}.

a
real
man would be gigging with Marshall Majors every waking hour of every single day, not ever, ever playing in his house.

j/k

LOL! I used to gig with a 300watt Vetta II running a pair of 4x12s, but have it pared down to a JSX, one 4x12 and a {censored}load of pedals. :)

I'm actually thinking of building an 18 watt for myself, and a Fender Tweed Deluxe clone - use an amp switcher, and do a 2 amp setup live. Would be a pain in the ass, but man, it would sound sweet.

Pete

• Members

Originally posted by hombre

Mr. Kimsuzzie is it possible to hook-up a good set of head-phones to the 1/2 watt amp? The ability to play and not disturb anyone would be worth the pocket change.

you can on the smokey, i don't know about that one

• Members

Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

I don't see why no one will buy it from me

It's because

A) people are stupid and think watts = tone, and

B) a smokey amp costs a lot less (not to say that it sounds as good).

MY advice, post this over at www.birdsandmoons.com Shouldn't last long with all the gear pagers finding refuge within those walls!

Good luck!

• Members

Originally posted by Kimsuzzie...

whats not to get d bag?

santana

david torn

matte henderson

no disrespect but I think yer on drugs lately..
:freak:

I wonder sometimes if you have to be on drugs to get some of that stuff sometimes. In all fairness all Ive heard of Matte was noise clips, he could have just been screwing around. After seeing some of the guys sig guitars hes gotta be doing something right. Its all good.

Hey K-Fed ill trade ya something for the LP amp. Email me plz.

• Members

Originally posted by derek_32999

....B) a smokey amp costs a lot less (not to say that it sounds as good)....

totally different sounding rig though. the smokey'll get some real gnarly dirt, while the LPV is a much cleaner, more refined sounding amp.

• Members

Originally posted by turtleheadblues

I wonder sometimes if you have to be on drugs to get some of that stuff sometimes. In all fairness all Ive heard of Matte was noise clips, he could have just been screwing around. After seeing some of the guys sig guitars hes gotta be doing something right. Its all good.

Go to his site

Click on Constructs. Listen to the Modena and Super 100 clips. Not the usual noise stuff. Very tasty.

Archived