Comprehensive Dave Knudsen|Minus the Bear| guide (gear, tips, tricks)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

But planet of ice will simply never come close to highly refined and menos el oso (and all their old ep's for that matter)

I think "Planet Of Ice" is fantastic, as is "Menos El Oso".

That said, I didn't really like "Highly Refined Pirates" or any of the other older stuff I've heard. I thought it was all pretty crappy with not a single redeeming song on any of them. Maybe I need to give them more listens to get into them.

Funny how we all hear it differently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

i got the new album having never heard them before - I fancied some new music. The sound and concept is cool and i like the effect laden guitar sounds but the actual songwriting is pretty mediocre in my opinion. Are the other albums generally considered better?

• Members
i got the new album having never heard them before - I fancied some new music. The sound and concept is cool and i like the effect laden guitar sounds but the actual songwriting is pretty mediocre in my opinion. Are the other albums generally considered better?

Definitely check out their older stuff. Highly Refined Pirates and Menos El Oso are essential listening.

he should've got a gibson echoplex instead of 4 dl-4s

Dave uses 3 of the 4 Dl-4's for loops. ;)

• Members

smrz: i don't know where you're seeing a fx90, but there ain't one.

bvester: two hogs? why the hell would you need that? if they just got the {censored}ing foot controller they could have 6 presets instead of having 3 available options. only logical answer is that they want to gliss the glissed riff!:eek:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Great band w/a terrible singer and lyricist.

He's really inconsistant, and nothing great to begin with. I've heard some videos of him singing TERRIBLE, but the two times I saw him he sounded good. The last time he sounded really good actually. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Members

He's really inconsistant, and nothing great to begin with. I've heard some videos of him singing TERRIBLE, but the two times I saw him he sounded good. The last time he sounded really good actually. I was pleasantly surprised.

I Love Minus The Bear but i think the weakest part is Jakes voice, but his voice is great for their music, and his lyrics also. They all mesh well together and thats why they make such good music:thu:

I FINALLY WORKED IT OUT! THE LOOP AT THE START OF THE FIX IS THE CHORDS OF THE PRE-CHORUS, THEY RECORD THEM IN HALF SPEED AND THEN DOUBLE SPEED IT:thu:

• Members

I cant believe this band...MTB...gets the fan boy attention it does...Mediocre at best. Russian circles blows these guys out of the water and only needs one looper to do it.

You do realize that music is opinion, right? If anyone sounds like a fanboy, it's you. You seem upset taht people dig a band more than you. Big Deal. People here are even admiting that Jake isn't a good singer, so seriously, what is your malfunction? Go somewhere you belong.

Archived