Comprehensive Dave Knudsen|Minus the Bear| guide (gear, tips, tricks)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

minus the bear's like post rock isn't?

I wouldn't say so...

For post-rock I think of Isis, Slint, Ef, Mogwai, Explosion in the Sky, Red Sparrowes...

MTB sound to me mainly influenced by The Police. I would say its kinda angular catchy American indie/rock....lol.

• Members

I wouldn't say so...

For post-rock I think of Isis, Slint, Ef, Mogwai, Explosion in the Sky, Red Sparrowes...

MTB sound to me mainly influenced by The Police. I would say its kinda angular catchy American indie/rock....lol.

Isis? Really? I always thought of them as Post-Metal/crap.

Slint's more mathy but really defies categorization since they were really one of the first math/post rock bands.

But, aiight, I'm not interested in them haha. I don't like really like any new indie rock. It's kinda stale :-

• Members

Here he is using the Lonestar...as far i can tell..

I seems like every show I see with them, both recorded and the one I went to, that Dave is almost impossible to hear.

Oh, and the singer's voice sounds so much more like a tenor on the records. Live he always has a pretty deep voice.

• Members

^Live he's always drunk as hell :D

MTB is such a great band, I don't see how you all can talk {censored} about their music. In my opinion they did the same thing to Indie as Botch did to hardcore - they're revolutionizing it. Their use of effects and actually smart and original playing style is so fresh.

That said, their new album is pretty much {censored} :/

• Members

^Live he's always drunk as hell
:D
MTB is such a great band, I don't see how you all can talk {censored} about their music. In my opinion they did the same thing to Indie as Botch did to hardcore - they're revolutionizing it. Their use of effects and actually smart and original playing style is so fresh.

That said, their new album is pretty much {censored} :/

That whole paragraph describes their newest album, then you call it {censored}. What?? They get better with each album and that's that. Now go stab out your eardrums. :thu:

• Members

That whole paragraph describes their newest album, then you call it {censored}. What?? They get better with each album and that's that. Now go stab out your eardrums.
:thu:

Ok dude believe me, I am a huge MTB fan and I've had the album for months. I'm not completely bashing it - I enjoy parts of it a lot, as much as I enjoy their older stuff. But planet of ice will simply never come close to highly refined and menos el oso (and all their old ep's for that matter) in terms of everything i just mentioned - originality, interest-factor, etc. For me at least. This is probably because the old albums were actually a big part of my life in that they're some of my favorite albums of all time. I respect them a lot as musicians and I'm not disappointed at all with the new album in a sense that I'm glad they released something unlike their old stuff; if they had done that they would have just been any other band who has been tired out by touring and wants to please their label. I'm still looking forward to seeing them on October 10th just as much, I'm just saying that POC didn't touch the same chords with me as the previously released albums did.

• Members

Ok dude believe me, I am a huge MTB fan and I've had the album for months. I'm not completely bashing it - I enjoy parts of it a lot, as much as I enjoy their older stuff. But planet of ice will simply never come close to highly refined and menos el oso (and all their old ep's for that matter) in terms of everything i just mentioned - originality, interest-factor, etc. For me at least. This is probably because the old albums were actually a big part of my life in that they're some of my favorite albums of all time. I respect them a lot as musicians and I'm not disappointed at all with the new album in a sense that I'm glad they released something unlike their old stuff; if they had done that they would have just been any other band who has been tired out by touring and wants to please their label. I'm still looking forward to seeing them on October 10th just as much, I'm just saying that POC didn't touch the same chords with me as the previously released albums did.

I know what you're saying, but calling it "{censored}" is pretty off.... It's still a very good album. "Not as memorable" would be a way better way to describe it... I like the new album. I admit it's not as catchy and memorable overall as some older stuff, but still very good.

• Members

Ok, you didn't like it as well as the others, that makes sense, everyone has their opinion, but calling it {censored} just makes you sound like you haven't listened to it. "{censored}" is what you'd call St. Anger. :D

Archived