Small Clean Boost, Looking for...

Lazy

• Members

I'm looking for a small booster. I've got a rotosphere that's very noisy unless you bring the level going into it up. it's ok in effects loops but I don't have that option.

does anyone make a fixed level boost?

I know axxess (spelrrring?) makes one but I don't want to spend that much.

I have the roto in a seperate loop on my board so the boost would only affect the roto.

• Members

The Katana Boost is a nice FET Preamp that is designed to super clean....
Might be more than you want to spend, but it and one of our Loopers would allow you to turn both on at the same time.
Also, somebody may be able to modify it so that you have a little hotter signal going into it....not sure about that possibility however...I can't do it, no schematic...
rk

• Members
Originally posted by RossCompress

The Katana Boost is a nice FET Preamp that is designed to super clean....

Might be more than you want to spend, but it and one of our Loopers would allow you to turn both on at the same time.

Also, somebody may be able to modify it so that you have a little hotter signal going into it....not sure about that possibility however...I can't do it, no schematic...

rk

I recently tried the Katana boost at 30th street guitars in New York. Not at all what I thought, it's an enormous sounding pedal and on my short list of what to get next. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by CS

make the chubby chimp. It's a very small very neutral boost. I use mine to equalise single and hum guitar vols or to boost my Strat into a filter to get more quack.

+1 and funilly enough, I have one for sale:) See my post in the Euro fx thread

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16315683#post16315683

Archived