Flanger Hoax opinion wanted

• Members

ok, got mine open... i am seeing the 4 inductor spaces on the board, mine is empty as well. i am also noticing that there are traces between the connections for each of them, which basically means placing anything in there would do basically nothing.

There are 6 trim pots, 4 of which i am guessing are for the delay lines, and the other two seem to be close to where i assume phaser circuit is.

A few other interesting things.

The circuit board in the top left says adaptor 12VDC but the outside of the box says... there is a 5 volt regulator in there, so i doubt it is refering to an internal voltage. perhaps a design chage at the last minute.

The lower right there it says 'foxy mistress' ec1500 Rev A.

it appears to use lm13700's im guessing for the phasing, which makes sense, since the small stone is ota based as well.

• Members

Originally posted by StompboxMan

Perhaps the original name for the Flanger Hoax was Foxy Mistress?

that was an intermediate working-name for this one:

stomimess094.jpg

(secret prototype 1st appearance @ the EH-booth Frankfurt MusikMesse 2004)

stomi089.jpg

the day before that, @ the secret A.S.P. underground lab...

stomi091.jpg

after finishing the production-run of the boards,

EH decided to re-name my "STONED MISSUS"

to "Flanger Hoax"...

• Members

I had the Flanger Hoax early on and passed it along.

Its strength is its weakness - complexity.

I love gettig a new pedal and finding a great sound with a few twiddles of the knobs. That didn't happen with the FH.

The FH has a HUGE range of sounds. Some of them sound like they come from an entirely different pedal. So it's hard to get a fix on the FH personality.

And many of those sounds fall in the sound effect, noise, weird categories. Of the pedals I have played over the years, I would compare the FH to the Infinitphase and ModMax units. Lotsa knobs and switches, easy to find a lot of different sounds, hard to go back and duplicate a setting exactly.

I don't have any of those pedals anymore. If I was a different person, sitting and tweaking for hours on end, I'd still have all three.

Archived