Machine Owners

• Members
Originally posted by outstanding

how does it sound through a series of wah pedals plugged in backwards and a whammy set two octaves up with just a hint of ring mod?
:p

Try it and see! Not even a hint of Ring Modulation to my ear.

• Members

searously though has anyone ever plugged in a wah pedal backwards?If not drop what your doing and try it.Control the pitch of the squeltch w/your guitar knobs. FNA. Am I right?

I tried it once. My turtleneck sweater bell bottomed.

• Members
Originally posted by hoerni

I don't know I think it's brilliant that you've been selling a class B amp after every text-book claims it sounds horrible.

It's more than a simple crossover distortion generator. It's got some kind of reactive trip happening at the zero-crossover point.
DistortionTypes2.gif
And then the Machine makes another pass at your signal, inverting the signal AGAIN at each crossover point. I don't even want to try to draw what results. It's sick, disgusting, and should never be used.

• Members
Originally posted by skr3ddy

It's more than a simple crossover distortion generator. It's got some kind of reactive trip happening at the zero-crossover point.

DistortionTypes2.gif
And then the Machine makes another pass at your signal, inverting the signal AGAIN at each crossover point. I don't even want to try to draw what results. It's sick, disgusting, and should never be used.

:thu: Thanks for the graphic!

My biggest regret was that I didn't hook the pedal up to a 'scope during the few days I had it.

Reading through Zach's description though, it sounded exactly like a class B amp (crossover distortion and low power dissapation)

• Members

DistortionTypes2.gif

I love mine....It is sooooooo annoyingly BRILLIANT!
:wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

searously though has anyone ever plugged in a wah pedal backwards?If not drop what your doing and try it.Control the pitch of the squeltch w/your guitar knobs. FNA. Am I right?

Add some delay and you've got the middle section of Echoes. :D

• Members

DistortionTypes2.gif

you made that drawing? did you get the waveform from a scope?

• Members
Originally posted by zachary vex

you made that drawing? did you get the waveform from a scope?

Remember last year in diystompboxes? Someone asked you about the frequency tripling thing, and I was asking how that waveform might look? It's just a drawing I made to ask the question in the form of a wave; I don't own either a scope or a Machine. And now you wonder how I can even build anything without a scope. :p hehe I'm a loser... :cry:

• Members
Originally posted by onbongos

how do you plug a wah pedal in backwards?
:confused:

"Instrument" side to the amp and "Amplifier" side to the guitar. It works with vintage style wahs based on the crybaby/vox style. By moving the treadle and rotating the volume and tone knobs you get a sort of whale moan or dying bird sound.

• Members

And it's guaranteed to piss anybody off in earshot. HA! Don't they realize they're listening to a secret Pink Floyd sound effect?? :evil: It is a hella-cool (yes, I'm from Northern California) low-budget noisemaker.

Archived