Post your Skreddy's for Cinco de Mayo!

trucks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by murch33

Is there any info on this one? I don't see it on the site. Is it special order only?

Marc had said a while back in a thread that he would be adding a page for it but I haven't seen it. I think he has been able to capture a lot of the Ernie's tone in the ?Lady using some newer parts. I have asked about it but haven't heard anything back yet. :)

• Members

Is there any info on this one? I don't see it on the site. Is it special order only?

+1

Lady.jpg

All I know is: "Coming soon: Ernie reissue made with Mayo transistors, with more grit and more cut than the original Ernie. I'll set up a shopping cart in the next day or so. Thanks to ElectGumbo for the name!"

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1200718&perpage=20&highlight=skreddy%20ernie&pagenumber=2

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by 48729zjd

+1

Lady.jpg

All I know is: "Coming soon: Ernie reissue made with Mayo transistors, with more grit and more cut than the original Ernie. I'll set up a shopping cart in the next day or so. Thanks to ElectGumbo for the name!"

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1200718&perpage=20&highlight=skreddy%20ernie&pagenumber=2

I am not sure.....
Marc emailed me saying it was on its way to me...
I must admit I haven't had time to play with it yet. I will do so today!
Back at you later on....much later on.

• Members

Sorry; I want to hold off on releasing the "? Lady" for now. I found out it sounds best if I sort and check transistors and use a high gain one for the first position. I need to buy a new batch of transistors before I'll be able to handle any more orders for that model.

It is more sustainy and fat like the Ernie, but it shares some of the grit of the Mayo. Not quite as liquid-smooth as the original Ernie. It has its own mojo, though, so I'm sure it'll make a few people very happy. Just hold off on ordering one for now; thanks for your patience.

• Members

Is it going to be super limited? Something to grab up in a hurry just in case?

No, nothing to worry about. Limited in the sense that I cull higher gain transistors to get the right response, but not limited in the sense that it will be discontinued. I will probably price it higher than my other pedals just to reflect the rarity and pain in the ass factors in building it. If I just sold a lot of this one pedal it would cost me more to get the number of transistors I have to go through to find the few that work right in this design, so a higher price is not only justified, it is essential from a supply standpoint so I don't end up with a huge glut of "unuseable" transistors and find my costs multiplied trying to keep up with demand.

• Members
Originally posted by skr3ddy

No, nothing to worry about. Limited in the sense that I cull higher gain transistors to get the right response, but not limited in the sense that it will be discontinued. I will probably price it higher than my other pedals just to reflect the rarity and pain in the ass factors in building it. If I just sold a lot of this one pedal it would cost me more to get the number of transistors I have to go through to find the few that work right in this design, so a higher price is not only justified, it is essential from a supply standpoint so I don't end up with a huge glut of "unuseable" transistors and find my costs multiplied trying to keep up with demand.

I love you.

• Members

Originally posted by Derelict King

How come there's all this love for Skreddy pedals but almost no one has posted anything in the HC review section?

DK

Because the HC review thing is a piece of {censored}. I was going to do reviews of all my Skreddy's but when I had a review fail to get posted, I held off. I sent numerous emails and PM's to the site and moderators and couldn't get a reply, let alone a reason. So it's just as well to do a search here and read the threads on them. I have some threads on all of the Skreddy's where I gave a review and my thoughts.

Phil did end up replying to me in a thread and said that the review section has issues and is being looked into. Once I see that they fix the thing, then I'll be more than happy to post more reviews in there.

• Members
Originally posted by Derelict King

How come there's all this love for Skreddy pedals but almost no one has posted anything in the HC review section?

DK

Try doing it and you will see why!
Who needs reviews!? We own!
:love: :love: :love:

• Members
Originally posted by adolf

Try doing it and you will see why!

Who needs reviews!? We own!

:love:

Hmm, maybe HC had a problem with them not being objective enough. I've done about 5 reviews and all have gone through...but I'm ruthless (I refer you too my Boss XT-2 review)

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Hmm, maybe HC had a problem with them not being objective enough. I've done about 5 reviews and all have gone through...but I'm ruthless (I refer you too my Boss XT-2 review)

I doubt it. There are plenty of them that lack objectivity. I think some of the problems might be not spelling the builder the exact same as it is in the database. For example, on the database, it is "Love Pedal" and not "Lovepedal". Or posting it under "Tonebone" instead of "Radial". Things like that. But those things shouldn't stop a review from being posted. Put someone in charge of the reviews who has a clue about the manufacturers or has the sense to look it up. I am sure there is a good amount of politics built into it as well. Overall, it is not worth my time to try and see if the system is working or not. I give my reviews and thoughts right here in the forum.

Archived