Anybody got love for 80's King Crimson?

• Members
Originally posted by NanookRubsIt

When Crimson opened for TOOL they play no unreleased stuff...It was ConstruKction Of Light and Deception Of The Thrush(EP) songs with three old songs..Elephant Talk, Thela Hun Ginjeet and Red. So if you really liked it and want to hear it again...pick up the TCOL and DOTT discs!

:thu:

Not at the show I saw man (portland Or). Despite not really being into the studio discs of the 90's crimson (the decision about what crimson is released should be taken OUT of fripp's hands IMHO*), I am pretty familiar with them and their entire back catalog. They did do a really tweaked out version of red but not elephant or thela, the only vocal song was off construKction. This was new material or largely improvisational sketches, or they had changed that studio material so much I didn't recognise it at all. It reminded me of the 5 piece guys doing something similar to the group improvs in the Great Deciever box set but trying for a feel that would somehow appeal to tool fans.

*If you get into the collecters club series you notice how he never really bothers to put the most vital music the band is producing at the time on recordings. The Island band, for example, kicked some serious ass, but you barely hear it on that album.

Archived