What Guitar Should I Get Next?

inscho

• Members
Originally posted by (((echo)))

^ that's a good deal
:thu:

agreed, I would definitely jump on that deal if I had the funds...

I may yank my EMG DG-20s out of my strat to fund the purchase...

it would also help if someone bought my {censored}ing stuff!:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by inscho

agreed, I would definitely jump on that deal if I had the funds...

I may yank my EMG DG-20s out of my strat to fund the purchase...

it would also help if someone bought my {censored}ing stuff!
:mad:

PM me. We might be able to work something out, if you're interested.

Or email me, you know my email address.

• Members

this is silly, dist or fuzz won't make the guitar sustain any more. It can squeek the last few drops out of the guitar but no, it doesn't make the strings sustain any longer until you crank the living crap out of the amp and start picking up sympathetic vibrations, then you might help the string sustain longer.

when you add fuzz/distortion you get any sustain you could need and then some and the sound is fantastic.

my 2

• Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

be different - everyone wants a jazzmaster, and everyone HAS a telecaster - get a jaguar. they kick ass.

544fender.jpg

how does sound compare between the jazzmaster and the jaguar

• Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

this is silly, dist or fuzz won't make the guitar sustain any more. It can squeek the last few drops out of the guitar but no, it doesn't make the strings sustain any longer until you crank the living crap out of the amp and start picking up sympathetic vibrations, then you might help the string sustain longer.

well if you're the type to take things literally maybe not.. i don't mean the strings will sustain longer, that's silly to assume. point is plug a big muff in and see if you have sustain issues :)

• Members

I play mostly rhythm a little ambient going on, but I rarely ever need a lot of sustain and I have yet to find a fuzz that agrees with me.

If I decide to go with a jazzmaster I won't be able get one for a few months, unless I decided to sell off one of my guitars...

i personally find the neck pup on teles to be too thin for good thick-but-clean rhythm sounds. but having a middle pup like on the nashvilles is dope. love the middle pups. they're so...middley!

so personally i'd go for a nashville tele (with added bigsby later :) ) or a jag. or a jazzmaster.

hope that helped.

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

i personally find the neck pup on teles to be too thin for good thick-but-clean rhythm sounds. but having a middle pup like on the nashvilles is dope. love the middle pups. they're so...middley!

so personally i'd go for a nashville tele (with added bigsby later
:)
) or a jag. or a jazzmaster.

hope that helped.

:wave:

yeah I like the nashville tele a lot.....

but I really need to get my hands on a jaguar and jazzmaster, the percussive quality of a jaguar is very appealing to me.....

• Members

Originally posted by threm

Don`t know if they ship abroad but here are a couple of good deals. New MIJ Fenders on sale.

Fender/Japan TL52-110BTX USB/M $700

Fender/Japan JG66-85 CAR/R $535

any idea how much it cost to ship internationally? that jaguar is a good deal but slap on 150 shipping, it wouldn't look so appealing...

• Members

I think I paid about $80-$90 shipping for mine a year ago.. might cost a bit more now with fuel costs and all

oh that isn't too bad....I would still rather hold out for a good deal on a used one though..

• Members

oh that isn't too bad....I would still rather hold out for a good deal on a used one though..

I was the same way .. .i couldn't afford the almost 800 bucks total shipped straight from japan . ...

ebay would be your best bet, thats where i got mine(and my nashville) , just gotta be determined in your hunt.....

• Members

well if you're the type to take things literally maybe not.. i don't mean the strings will sustain longer, that's silly to assume. point is plug a big muff in and see if you have sustain issues
:)

+1.

I think Robo's just having a no-good-very-bad day.

I personally want a Jaguar in white with the tort pickguard to replace the Jazzmaster. I like the small scale and the bite.

Archived