Wah Probe in the mail ! mmm mmm !

• Members

Just came back from a nite sleeping in front of the ticket counter and scored great Radiohead tickets... also had a Z Vex Wah probe in the mail, what a great day !!

I almost pulled a muscle doing a fast toe tapping thing, it's kinda hard to use because you can't shift your weight, but the sound is ahhhhhhhhhhh ! Godly !

Francis.

• Members

I'll be purchasing a PP2+ to power up all my pedals, the sag feature would be nice to try, but right now i'm using an old battery which should give me the same effect and I find the wah to not have a very big sweep range, tried messing with the controls underneath, but I find the wah to be always a tad too subtle. I got it used from eBay. Are they all like this ?

Francis

• Members

Originally posted by Soulgolem

I'll be purchasing a PP2+ to power up all my pedals, the sag feature would be nice to try, but right now i'm using an old battery which should give me the same effect and I find the wah to not have a very big sweep range, tried messing with the controls underneath, but I find the wah to be always a tad too subtle. I got it used from eBay. Are they all like this ?

Francis

hrmmmm...my experience is the wah probe is anything but subtle. And I'm comparing it to my other wahs which are pretty good Teese, Fulltone, Vox, and dimebag.

I've never messed with the controls on the bottom...so maybe the settings are a little off?

Also, I've found it hates to be far from the first thing in the signal chain...it gets weak if I put too many stompboxes in front of it.

The sweep has a learning curve...it takes awhile to find that sweet spot on the probe and then usually just subtle movements of your foot will yield huge results. Experiment a little with your foot. I've found that I can get a better sound from mine when it's mounted on my board at a slight angle.. (but that's just my personal preference)

Mine sounds perfect powered with the voodoo lab and the sag knob turned down halfway...then I kick up the boost on the wah for high gain solos and drop the boost all the way down for using it on the clean channel so there is no overdrive.

hope that helps...experiment a little .... I bet the probe will work just fine for ya

Archived