Prototype versions of famous pedals

Ray18

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my god!!! I sure hope that you linked that pic in the proper manner and gave all due credit to who built that otherwise the IP Gods shall reak havoc in your life!!!! :wave: puretube!! :p

On topic, I have a prototype ZIM, and (I guess) very early eternity(just one of the first that were used in the tourbox)

Also, menatone red snapper #073, and I DO have a white faced rat and an original vintage rat :D (actually, I like the sound of the rat 2 unmodified the best).

• Members

Originally posted by derek_32999

Oh my god!!! I sure hope that you linked that pic in the proper manner and gave all due credit to who built that otherwise the IP Gods shall reak havoc in your life!!!!
:wave:
puretube!!
:p

On topic, I have a prototype ZIM, and (I guess) very early eternity(just one of the first that were used in the tourbox)

Also, menatone red snapper #073, and I DO have a white faced rat and an original vintage rat
:D
(actually, I like the sound of the rat 2 unmodified the best).

PICS!!!

• Members

Here is what my ZIM looks like.

ProtoZ5.JPG

So, I have the tones of a zim in the size of half a ZIM. I just cant swap cards (but I can use the voice circuit on both channels!!) This is the way it should be IMO BTW.
:)

Dave Fox = BADASS

aint he... :D

• Members

Oh my god!!! I sure hope that you linked that pic in the proper manner and gave all due credit to who built that otherwise the IP Gods shall reak havoc in your life!!!!
puretube!!

LMAO

:thu:

• Members

puretube!!

Seth has got the written permission from the author to post that pic in this thread! see here!

Here`s the EH`s TUBE ZIPPER pre-production prototype:

T-TRON-X-TT-L%20sml%20cor.2.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Kimsuzzie...

Dave Fox = BADASS

aint he...
:D

Yes he is. Sad thing is as much as I LOVE that zim (the big red zim just takes up too much space) I can NOT get it to sound quite like my favorite sound in the eternity. It does get a hundred GREAT sounds though. Just not that one that I use the most which is

Eternity

Vol 12:00

Tone 2:00-3:00

Gain 9-10:00

I am gonna have to play with the socketed cap in my eternity and the IC's to see what other magic is in there. I have an odd chip in there right now that cam with it. I can t remember the name of it though.

• Members

Here are some I had to sell to pay a fucking dentist bill a while back (it was for my son though so thats ok)

mosferatu.jpg

COT50Eternity.jpg

Here is my early tourbox eternity. Redone in glow in the dark sparkle. I still have this one, and to my ears it sounds even better than the chinese graphic one I had (which are supposed to sound a tad above the rest).

a4d2a099.jpg

• Members

Some protos are kept by me, some given away...

mostly, there are several prototypes.

As can be seen on this picture from the Frankfurt MusikMesse 1998,

I swapped the ORIGINAL TUBE-VIBE prototype for a Sovtek MIG50

amp with EH`s Mike Matthews...

MM98-MT1.jpg

photo © 1998 pure-tube-technology

close-up pic of the Pure-Tube-Technology TUBE-VIBE:

T-VIBE%20cor.2.jpg

My original tube-vibe is licensed exclusively to New Sensor Corporation,

and is not related at all to the product that recently appeared on the market, (8 years later) and bears the same name.

I have never seen that one in real life, nor heard it.

• Members

Dont know how "famous" but here is The Sweet #003...it was a working mock-up to demo the new model for potential buyers, constructed on perf-board, note the graphics are on a sticker and the in/out reversed:

133-3380_IMG.jpg

Archived