OT: Where to move in Sonoma County?

• Members

In the spirit of moving every few months I'm about to go out to Cali to check things out north of SF. My buddy is going to go back to school for Viticulture and Enology so I figure it's a good time to weasel my way into California via the Napa valley area. Santa Rosa seems the most likely candidate, but some of the other small towns might be cool and cheap and I wouldn't even know about them. Take into consideration I'm kind of a hippie :) Advice?

:wave:

• Members

from one hippie to another man...

its not there anymore man. marin is the only place left where we 'exsist'..and if you have been doing your research- the only way a hippie can afford to live in marin anymore is if hes cooking L... trust me. have you ever been out there man? everyone looks the look, but they are just fooling themselves, biggest waste of time... youd be better off in denver... or in all honesty.. philadelphia, being a hippie doesnt mean you smoke weed all day, spend 30 dollars a piece on tie dyes and wear tons of crystals... its a way of life. that way has been bastardized by the industry and capitolization. they know kids want to be like 'jerry, man'

seriously consider what you are doing before you head to frisco- its another world than kerouac wrote about, from someone who lost a few years and alot of money.. frisco doesnt exsist anymore aside from hills and baseball games

• Members

Oh, I've been out there before. I really like the area generally speaking. And I said kind of a hippie (or what that word seems to represent) ;) Not looking for some sort of hippie paradise, I don't look like a "hippie" at all, just some place farther to the left of normal with some cool people.

• Members

it depends on what you call cheap, my dad sells real estate in marin/sonoma and it's rediculous how much houses sell for. you could probably get something in santa rosa for the cheap though, but why would anyone want to live in santa rosa. napa is expensive as well. the further north you go, the cheaper. i live in vallejo, which is south of napa. don't move here. fairfield is slightly north and adjacent to napa. it's lower priced. and so on as you go further towards sacramento.

also hippies are everywhere in the bay. all of my teachers in school are hippies, and berkley, marin and sf are full of them.

• Members

Hey Bri,

Come on out to Forestville bro......sounds like you would luv it out here, or Sebastopol or even in Graton - there's a cool little hang out called the "Ace Cider Pub" all kinds a cool little hippy bands and what not come in and play......they have open mike on Fridays...........it's a cool little hang out

We'll keep the light on for ya :D

• Members

Santa Rosa is nice, but I would definitely check out Sebastopol, which is right next to Santa Rosa. It's a little cheaper to live there and has a great scene going on with lots of hippie vibe - in fact more of that there than most of the Bay area.

• Members

I agree with ice house, Cotati is definitely worth looking into as well. I didn't think of it when I recommended Sebastopol. If I had to personally choose between the two, I'd probably pick Sebastopol, but Cotati is a cool place too. And they do have an excellent pro music store there - Zone Music, with a recording studio attached.

• Members

Originally posted by Karma1

I agree with ice house, Cotati is definitely worth looking into as well. I didn't think of it when I recommended Sebastopol. If I had to personally choose between the two, I'd probably pick Sebastopol, but Cotati is a cool place too. And they do have an excellent pro music store there - Zone Music, with a recording studio attached.

yeah, i was at zone today, they had a BBQ,

tandoori chicken, fruit skewer, P.salad, and

bottle a water fer a fin! i watched the open circle of percussionist's fer awhile.*spell check*! bought some strings, finally had my ghs boomers 10 gauge, thank god! they are the only string that stays in tune for me, people

say what you will aboot strings, but ghs does

the trick fer me! cotati has a lotta young people

great clubs resteraunts, and it's right off of 101!

• Members
Originally posted by VoodooChild24

Godamn! I didn't know there are folks here from Sonoma County. i am from Petaluma and always buy my stuff at ZoneMusic. Awesome store!

I agree. You should check out Cotati!

windsor for me. but, it's just a place to sleep,
i dig the fact that i can get into the country and
all, but, i'm in my element where i work in S.F.

and skip the faggot remarks phuckers!:mad:

there are homo's everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Members

I love Zone Music. I stop in every time I'm up in that neck of the woods. I got my first Marshall amp there (100w JMP head w/4x12 for $600) and a damn near brand new Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro for $430. You never know what kinda deals you'll find in that place.

• Members

+1 on Sebastopol. Also check out Occidental for true hippiedom. West Marin is also cool, Stinson Beach, Point Reyes etc...

Also, if you need a beta tester for the shakedown I'm here for you :)

• Members

Thanks again for all the suggestions guys :) The Candyman and Shakedown keep getting pushed back more and more mainly because they will be super-expensive to start producing. Well that, and the prototypes still haven't taken full form... BUT, look for the Lovelight Booster in June or July maybe. A batch of hand wired, unpainted ones. The two knob proto1 (volume, volume) sounds amazing to my ears. Super-sensitive dynamics, with note blooming heaven... It's like running through a wall of Twin Reverbs :cool: The three knob proto2 (volume, flavor, volume) should be even sweeter :love:

• 3 months later...

Archived