Tremol-No Has Arrived!

Arjae

• Members
:wave:

Talked to Dan last night. He's hoping to have he TN in by the end of the week. (had a small problem with the first one and they are sending replacement parts)

Hopefully this weekend or early next week we can do this.

• Members
Originally posted by hoerni

:wave:

Talked to Dan last night. He's hoping to have he TN in by the end of the week. (had a small problem with the first one and they are sending replacement parts)

Hopefully this weekend or early next week we can do this.

Hmmm. What were the problems with it and what parts are they replacing? As I mentioned above, mine did not come with the ring that the instructions mention to attach the grounding wire.

I really want to order another for my Ibanez but I was less than pleased with All-Parts' shipping. They use UPS and it took a LONG time from when they shipped it to when I got it. UPS sucks balls. It got to my area on a Thursday night and sat there until Monday to be delivered.

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

Hmmm. What were the problems with it and what parts are they replacing? As I mentioned above, mine did not come with the ring that the instructions mention to attach the grounding wire.

I really want to order another for my Ibanez but I was less than pleased with All-Parts' shipping. They use UPS and it took a LONG time from when they shipped it to when I got it. UPS sucks balls. It got to my area on a Thursday night and sat there until Monday to be delivered.

I think it was the hinge between the part that connects to the block and the part with the thumbscrews. He said it moved a bit too much and that they were aware of the problem (usual manufacturing startup issues).

I'll agree, UPS sucks. I avoid them as much as humanly possible.

• Members

Originally posted by hoerni

I think it was the hinge between the part that connects to the block and the part with the thumbscrews. He said it moved a bit too much and that they were aware of the problem (usual manufacturing startup issues).

I'll agree, UPS sucks. I avoid them as much as humanly possible.

Interesting. I wonder if this is a common problem or what. I am trying to imagine the problem with the hinge. I didn't seem to notice anything strange with mine.

• Members

Interesting. I wonder if this is a common problem or what. I am trying to imagine the problem with the hinge. I didn't seem to notice anything strange with mine.

I think it was just too much slop in it. If Dan still has the old one, I'll take a look at it.

• Members

So did you get to check it out yet Hoerni?

I ended up taking it out of my strat and putting it in my Ibanez. I realized that I just have no use for the bar on my strat. Never did. I was just using it with the Tremol-No locked up so it made more sense to take it out and put it in a guitar that it would get use on. And it has. It has made my Ibanez all that better of a guitar. :thu:

Also, just wanted to add that all of the cons that I mentioned in my review have been cleared up both on the forums on the Tremol-No website as well as from talking directly with Kevan. He is a really cool guy to shoot the breeze with and has been very accessible and helpful. :D

• Members

So did you get to check it out yet Hoerni?

I ended up taking it out of my strat and putting it in my Ibanez. I realized that I just have no use for the bar on my strat. Never did. I was just using it with the Tremol-No locked up so it made more sense to take it out and put it in a guitar that it would get use on. And it has. It has made my Ibanez all that better of a guitar.
:thu:

Also, just wanted to add that all of the cons that I mentioned in my review have been cleared up both on the forums on the Tremol-No website as well as from talking directly with Kevan. He is a really cool guy to shoot the breeze with and has been very accessible and helpful.
:D

Nope, we still didn't do it. Turns out Dan had a small problem with the second one they sent (less severe, but still more than they wanted). So, he's got to send them back to get a third.

Funny thing it I've been thinking about getting one myself. I have a cheap strat with a 2 point bar that would probably benefit from something like this. Doubt I'll spend the money on it, but it's good to know it's available if I do decide (or they lower the price)

• Members

I ended up taking it out of my strat since i really don't have much use for the trem on there. I put it in my Ibanez and it took all of about 5 minutes to install it. Seriously. I had it in there and back in tune without even having to re-tune the guitar. Just had to adjust the claw screws. It has made my Ibanez go from just hanging on my wall to being played all the time now.

The interesting thing is that now with the 5 springs back in my strat locking it down, it is missing the added sustain that the Tremol-No had added to it. So I will get another to put back in the strat and just use the set screws instead of the thumb screws and have it be just a hardtail.

Overall, two very positive experiences with this thing in two different guitars. :thu:

Archived