Reverb and delay that won't clip in an amps effects loop?

• Members

I've got a Traynor YCV 50, and a ibanez de-7 for delay which i'm thinking of upgrading. It sounds okay, but when the preamp volume is higher than about 2, the pedal clips horribly and makes awful noises whether it's on or off. Is this just something i'll have to deal with using the effects loop, or is there a better way to go about things?

If anybody who has experience with this sort of thing knows which verb units and delay units won't sound horrible through my amps effect loop, i'd love to know!:confused:

• Members

Hm.. well, the memory lane is just a BIT on the expensive side... ;) Is there any thing cheaper for my needs?

Reverb, i'm looking at

Verbzilla

RV-5

Digiverb

Delay:

DD-20

DL-4

Echo Park

Digidelay

anyone have any experience with these in an effects loop?

• Members

Originally posted by Voodoo Cafe

Reverb, i'm looking at

Verbzilla

RV-5

Digiverb

Delay:

DD-20

DL-4

Echo Park

Digidelay

anyone have any experience with these in an effects loop?

i use both a dl-4 and a digiverb in my effects loop. however, i have noticed a drastic decrease in volume from the digiverb when it's engaged. it's also apparent on the dl-4, though not as prominent. i use a cheap ibanez tubescreamer copy to boost my whole signal at the beginning of my pedals, and that helps. as far as what pedals to get, i'd say pick up the verbzilla, as it has more options than the digiverb, minus the reverse reverb, which is the only reason i have it/use it. the dl-4 is handy as a live looper if you're into that, but the delays are so-so. i use my boss dd-6 more for normal delays, so i'd suggest getting a dd-20 if you use multiple delay times and don't want to be bending over adjusting the knob.

long, i admit, but hopefully it helps out.

• Members

Originally posted by Voodoo Cafe

I've got a Traynor YCV 50, and a ibanez de-7 for delay which i'm thinking of upgrading. It sounds okay, but when the preamp volume is higher than about 2, the pedal clips horribly and makes awful noises whether it's on or off. Is this just something i'll have to deal with using the effects loop, or is there a better way to go about things?

If anybody who has experience with this sort of thing knows which verb units and delay units won't sound horrible through my amps effect loop, i'd love to know!
:confused:

Most amps should have a line level for the effects loop to solve that problem. Marshall's do

• Members

Used EHX Holy Grail Reverb- Used ones go for next to nothing,I used to use it in the loop of my Uber, handled hot signals and it sounded great.

Smart People Factory I-5 Delay- Awsome sounding delay with an FX loop on it, this enables you to alter just the delayed signal IE loop a Fuzz and you have fuzzy delay without fuzzing up your whole signal or use a chorus and have a chorused delay. Stellar pedal.

Those two would be in the 250-300 if you shopped it.

Archived