EHX Micro Synth... 2 questions

• Members

I'm thinking about picking this pedal up to complete my board:

1) is the reissue true bypass? if not, how is the bypass?

2) what are the dimensions (I asked this question a week ago and the thread is gone :confused: )

3) Can it be powered by a Visual Sound One Spot?

• Members

Lesse...

1) I don't think the new ones are TB; however, analogman offers a TB version, which, trust me, is what you want.

2) 8" by 6 1/2" by 1 1/2" or so (the same sized box that houses the Q-Tron, the DMM, etc...)

3) The MicroSynth has its own power supply - so, I doubt and would be disinclined to try using it, but it could be within the realm of possibility...

It'd be rather expensive to damage/ blow up (and it isn't one of the pedals Howard Davis fixes....)
cheers!

• Members

1) The newest ri are tb. The older ri's are not. With the older ones, the bypass sucks. It can get kind of noisy that way.

2) I don't know the dimensions, but I guess we can believe "yablokonooza." I'm pretty sure it's the same size as a dmm or dem or qtron or those other effects. It's quite large.

3) It uses its own power supply. If you get one that has a detachable power supply, do not attempt to power it with your vs 1spot. It requires a lot of juice, and I think it's ac not dc. Bad {censored} would probably happen. Just stick to using the ps that comes with it.

• Members

i just looked around the net for sound clips for 2 guitar synths i maybe buy soon... the digitech synth-wah and the ehx micro-synth or the bass micro-synth.

well came back here and there is this thread... good timing!!!

for i will not use it often and just use it for wierd noises very short hit on power chords or so.. i think the digitech is just enough. but i played once the bass micro-synth and it was awesome!!

• Members

yes.. i blind-tested my wife with the samples.. ;)

first i showed her the digitech, then the micro-synth and finally the fm4. she liked the digitech the most.. well.. but she said the 2nd pedal (in that case the micro-synth) sounded the most real-like. like a real keyboard. the fm4 was weak she said.

well i owned a fm4 and after i revealed the samples to her she said in real it sounds better.. but hey i played the bass micro synth in real and that was the reason i sold my fm4.. ;)

Archived