Any Rocktron MultiValve users?

Inazone

• Members

I just picked up a used Rocktron MultiValve over the weekend and haven't had a chance to experiment with it much yet. I bought it mostly to combine a noise gate, parametric EQ, speaker simulator/DI and delay in a single space; up to now I've used a combination of rack units and pedals for these purposes. I have an ART X-11 MIDI controller but haven't hooked it up. This would be mostly for home recording at first, and eventually studio use.

Anyone using a MultiValve? Any opinions on the quality of the speaker simulations and good settings for a good "live" sound using them? Can you use the EQ and delay (or other effects) at the same time, or is the EQ considered an effect rather than a global function like the Hush?

• Members

I use one as my main effects unit in my live rig. It is very tweakable and reasonable sound quality for it's vintage. The noise gate does not have a lot of parameters like a dedicated unit, but it does work for me. The delay is pretty standard, and again, not as advanced as, say, an echo pro, or a tc d-two. It doesn't do reverse or ducking delay, but it does have tap temp with an external switch. I can't comment on the speaker sims, as I have not used them extensively, and never ran a DI out.

You can use a ton of combinations of effects at once with this thing...hush, EQ, chorus, tremolo, pitch , delay, all at once if that's your thing.

You can also run the unit in a serial or parallel FX loop. There are global settings to handle both setups.

Check out my rig pics my setup.

Archived