Dang I Love My Fender 52 RI Telecaster!

• Members

Have had it going on 2 years. The guitar still amazes me. Not to sound egotistical But I've had les Paul Standards/Customs/1963 es 335. Fender Custom shop strats ect/But this guitar just sounds so unique. Tele style.!!If anyone is looking for a great guitar think about a 52 ri tele. Sermon over!!

• Members

Kjstrat62,

I hear you loud and clear - I just played one of those at my guitar tech's place and loved it! It really sounded great even before plugging it in. Now I'm bummed - that axe definitely surpasses my American Tele.

But what do you think of the non-standard pickup selections? I forgot how it is supposed to work, but I think the owner had the tech rewiring the pickups to have the more typical bridge-both-neck pickup selection.

Vince

• Members

Mine is fantastic too. Light as a feather, nice barking pickups, neck pickup is a wee bit microphonic, but no biggie....

If you put a set of the twang plus from here: Glendale Saddles

You will love it even more. THe intonation is pretty great, and that aluminum saddle just makes it twangtastic! I use it for rock, but love the way the aluminum saddle tightens up the E/A. Really, really great. And if you don't like it, the twangplus also comes with a brass e/a

• Members

I just bought a USA Fender Tele with the ash body option and a flame maple neck.
I tried a '52 reissue, but prefered this one because of the American series modern bridge & tuners (I hate the three barrell vintage bridges), and the fact that it was significantly less expensive. Still, very close and a fantastic guitar...............

Mine:

268583.jpg

'52 reissue:

267868.jpg

• Members

Three years later I also still love my 52 Ri Tele but my Eric J Strat is right there with it!

btw check out the Danny Gatton DVD by Hot Licks- there's a feature where you can learn the licks at 1/2 speed. Same for the reiessue EJ DVDs great stuff!

• Members

Originally posted by SASQUATCH

I hate the three barrell vintage bridges

why do you hate them??

intonated saddles fix any pitch problems, they sustain much better and have a purer tone, you can get them notched if the raised part bothers you....

• Members

Originally posted by KjStrat62

Have had it going on 2 years. The guitar still amazes me. Not to sound egotistical But I've had les Paul Standards/Customs/1963 es 335. Fender Custom shop strats ect/But this guitar just sounds so unique. Tele style.!!If anyone is looking for a great guitar think about a 52 ri tele. Sermon over!!

It's always good to hear that someone is digging the guitar they are playing. These past few days I have been digging my RG770 superstrat. Plugged straight into an early 60's Ampeg Reverberockets "accordion" input with a little bit of reverb and tremelo.

Archived