the greatest rawk band ever was.................

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Mr. Poopsicle

The Beatles are the greatest recorded Rock Band...

but Zeppelin was the greatest Rock band that you could buy a ticket and see live.

They were just on a whole different level than anyone else. Great Songs/Musicianship + No weak links + ESP like grooves and ad libs.

My brother saw The Beatles live. He even smuggled in a tape recorder and a movie camera.

• Members

Best band of all time is The Beatles

honorable mention to Dave-era Van Halen. Must have been awesome seeing them live during the first few albumes.

Another honorable mention to Cream...would have sold my left nut to see those guys live in the 60's.

• Members
Originally posted by ChitownTerror

This whole thread sucks. Although, I'd dare say the MC5 would destroy almost any band in a live context. There's a few exceptions, but man, those brothers were a fierce lot of mother{censored}ers.

After seeing 'A True Testimonial', I'd probably say you're right. :)

• Members

Iron Maiden because they never lost sight on who put them on the top. They really don't care about air play and are all about the fans and their live performances. Special thanks goes out to Deep Purple and Free for inspiring these guys to become musicians.

IID00000640.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by (((echo)))

what are you 50?!
:rolleyes::p

:o:mad: o.k., the beatles, most creative and
inovative band ever, actually, they ALL could
sing well too! band of gypsies live doing machine gun still gives me shivers though. jimi
was speaking through his guitar, spooky stuff!

Archived