the greatest rawk band ever was.................

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Depends on what you mean by rock. Straight up rock I'd say Zeppelin, Queen, T. Rex, The Beatles, The Clash, Black Sabbath and the Who.

If you mean rock in the very generic sense- Pixies, Sonic Youth, Fugazi, Gang of Four, and WIRE. I generally wouldn't include Gang of Four because they only really made 2 good albums, but they are just as good as Pixies or Sonic Youth live.

If you can include solo artists and their everchanging lineups- I'd Bowie beats everyone hands down.

• Members

The Beatles are the greatest recorded Rock Band...

but Zeppelin was the greatest Rock band that you could buy a ticket and see live.

They were just on a whole different level than anyone else. Great Songs/Musicianship + No weak links + ESP like grooves and ad libs.

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Poopsicle

but Zeppelin was the greatest Rock band that you could buy a ticket and see live.

They were just on a whole different level than anyone else. Great Songs/Musicianship + No weak links + ESP like grooves and ad libs.

Ever see a Led Zeppelin concert?

• Members
Originally posted by Mr. Poopsicle

+1

But Dude asked for the greatest "rawk" band ever. :wave:

• Members

The Acid Mothers Temple. Cosmic inferno sucked, but Melting paradiso UFO is the {censored}. Tsuyama is the {censored}ing best rawk bass player ever. I kept saying when I saw this show: "No one ever needs to play music like this ever again, they've officially killed it". That's right bitches, sell your guitars to trust fund brats because nothing else is ever coming after that {censored}.

Ok zep was pretty epic.

• Members

For some reason I always think of rock bands in a live context... so I say

Stones 69-72
Zep til 74
Deep Purple "Made in Japan"
Who "Live at Leeds"
AC/DC 77-79
Black Crowes

Archived