What's the most comfortable guitar you know of.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by therhodeo

I really like the way SG's look but the top of the body always seems to fall away from me and the neck dips. It seems i struggle more to keep the guitar where i want it than to play it.

exactly!

• Members
Originally posted by CicadaSilence

I take it you've never played one of these sitting down?

ae_parker_rfcv-tc.jpg

People state this a lot of times, but:

...For the love of Pete, who plays their electric axes SITTING DOWN 100% of the time? especially when it's a guitar like a Fly... ?

actually, I think the Petrucci is the most comfortable sitting down/standing straight guitar I've played up until now...
yup, the Petrucci..

but standing up: it's a tossup between the Fly and the EBMM JP

gotta love those contours ! (+ the Fly weighs less than well... anything and still sounds ge-reat...)

• Members
Originally posted by jonny guitar

Good call...Explorer's are super comfy to play especially with that built in armrest.
:thu:

it's like a forearm's Lazy boy:D . plus to get all it's benefit you have to play it low, so you realy look like a badass:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Honestly? MY PRS Custom 24.

I keep wanting to abandon it for a Strat, but can't find any guitars that feel as good as this one. I'm taking mostly about the neck/fretboard, but it's a great weight and fit as well. I pick up an LP and can't BELIEVE people hang these things around their necks. Yargh.

• Members

PRS McCarty was the easiest to play.
Heritage 535 was close, Didn't fight this guitar at all. So easy.

Strats in general I find to be perfectly weighted and balanced. The headstock is just knobby enough and the the upper horn is just right. The body routs work well for me. I found a great Custom Shop 57 strat that was light and perfect. I bet those Andersons are sensational though. Don't get any round these parts.

...and I'll say the Parker would be pretty comfy too.

Archived