MUSE - supermassive black hole LISTEN!

• Members

Originally posted by stompboxx

Suddenly Matt Bellamy has gone all Prince-like?

That's a strange song from Muse...I'm undecided.

that's how i felt.. undecided.

was very weird when i heard matt started singing..

now after listening 100 times... (or so).. i start liking it. not really the voice, but the music.

• Members

I was like :rolleyes: here we go, new Muse single, first single off the new album, lots of pitchshifted guitar, fuzzy riffs, end of the world lyrics and a big chorus, and its called "Supermassive Black Hole", what a surprise.

But it was really nothing like that at all, I think they realised they cant keep pulling out the same bag of tricks for every new single. I like it though.

• Members

from museandamuse.com

Muse drummer Dominic Howard revealed to MTV:

"The diversity of the album and some of the directions we've discovered and gone for might shock (our fans) in some way," he said. "Hopefully, it will be a nice shock - ultimately all of them sound like Muse. We reached a point where we were looking at all these songs and how different they sounded, and we were wondering how this was ever going to sound like a band, like one album. But somehow it really does."

According to a recent interview given by Muse to Toazted.com and Mtv.com, here is a description of some of the songs and their position in the tracklist:

1. Take A Bow

This opening song calls on world leaders to take responsibility for their actions. Starting off as a classical piece before moving into a techno mid-section and an "apocalyptic rock" ending. A 'climax' according to Matt.

2. Starlight

A simple love song - potential single.

? Supermassive Black Hole

Funky disco song inspired by Belgian bands like Millionnaire.

? Soldier's Poem

Sounds like a Christmas song - Sweet nice short song with vintage jazz instruments (double bass). Composed during the Absolution sessions and completely reworked for a less heavier sound.

? Invincible

Very slow and optimistic song with a tapping guitar solo in the middle (not that hard to play as it seems to be - according to Matt himself)

? City of Delusion

Eastern folky song with strings. Matt's favourite arrangement on the album.

? Knights of Cydonia

Inspired by Italian composer Ennio Morricone's soundtracks ('The Good, The Bad & The Ugly' and 'The Untouchables'... ).

11. Untitled

The band describes a Mexican style introduction for this song, which is closing the album.

• Members

Originally posted by stereotypy

from museandamuse.com

Muse drummer Dominic Howard revealed to MTV:

"The diversity of the album and some of the directions we've discovered and gone for might shock (our fans) in some way," he said. "Hopefully, it will be a nice shock - ultimately all of them sound like Muse. We reached a point where we were looking at all these songs and how different they sounded, and we were wondering how this was ever going to sound like a band, like one album. But somehow it really does."

According to a recent interview given by Muse to Toazted.com and Mtv.com, here is a description of some of the songs and their position in the tracklist:

1. Take A Bow

This opening song calls on world leaders to take responsibility for their actions. Starting off as a classical piece before moving into a techno mid-section and an "apocalyptic rock" ending. A 'climax' according to Matt.

2. Starlight

A simple love song - potential single.

? Soldier's Poem

Sounds like a Christmas song - Sweet nice short song with vintage jazz instruments (double bass). Composed during the Absolution sessions and completely reworked for a less heavier sound.

? Invincible

Very slow and optimistic song with a tapping guitar solo in the middle (not that hard to play as it seems to be - according to Matt himself)

? City of Delusion

Eastern folky song with strings. Matt's favourite arrangement on the album.

? Knights of Cydonia

Inspired by Italian composer Ennio Morricone's soundtracks ('The Good, The Bad & The Ugly' and 'The Untouchables'... ).

11. Untitled

The band describes a Mexican style introduction for this song, which is closing the album.

wow :freak:

I finally got to listen to the song.....its decent but I agree that it lacks the balls of most of their songs..I still thought it was decent.

• Members

from museandamuse.com

Funny... I listened to the song before reading the rest of the thread. First thing that came to mind while listening was 'sounds like Millionaire, on a poppy day' :D I can't say I was really blown away, but at least it seems they're trying to do something different from what they've done in the past. Like GDan wrote:

Originally posted by GDan

I think they realised they cant keep pulling out the same bag of tricks for every new single

:thu:

• Members

more to come to split the fans.. ;)

here's a video from muse live at radio 1. they are playing sunbrun wiht backing piano!!! :rolleyes:

but the new guitar (black one with kaoss pad built in) rocks! as the thing he's playing on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y1aCGpui_g&search=muse%20radio%201

he probably used the sustainiac for the intro and 1st verse stuff... sounds lika that..

watch out:

2:25 minutes - a zoom view of the guitar!! very nice

3:45 minutes - great great great outro-solo!!

here's a video for their new song starlight.. reminds me a little of u2 or something like that..

and finally the new knights of cydonia as an audio track.. i really like that one.. reminds me of a western soundtrack for a film like the magnificent seven ...

ftp://ftp2.microcuts.net/microcuts/08/05/03/05/13.05.2006%20-%20One%20Big%20Week-end%20Camperdon%20Park,%20Dundee%20-%20UK/Muse%20-%2003%20-%20Knights%20of%20Cydonia%20(live).mp3

enjoy!

• Members

Hm... I don't love it. I fell in love with Muse through Absolution and this is very different. I was kind of hoping for some more trippy kind of stuff. This is kind of too techno... I'll probably still buy the CD anyway! Hah...

• Members

more to come to split the fans..
;)

here's a video from muse live at radio 1. they are playing sunbrun wiht backing piano!!!
:rolleyes:
but the new guitar (black one with kaoss pad built in) rocks! as the thing he's playing on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y1aCGpui_g&search=muse%20radio%201

he probably used the sustainiac for the intro and 1st verse stuff... sounds lika that..

watch out:

2:25 minutes - a zoom view of the guitar!! very nice

3:45 minutes - great great great outro-solo!!

here's a video for their new song starlight.. reminds me a little of u2 or something like that..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabRY2d4Nwg&search=muse%20radio%201

and finally the new knights of cydonia as an audio track.. i really like that one.. reminds me of a western soundtrack for a film like the magnificent seven ...

ftp://ftp2.microcuts.net/microcuts/08/05/03/05/13.05.2006%20-%20One%20Big%20Week-end%20Camperdon%20Park,%20Dundee%20-%20UK/Muse%20-%2003%20-%20Knights%20of%20Cydonia%20(live).mp3

enjoy!

for page 2.... maybe get's lost down there on page 1...

Archived