boss distortion/overdrive pedal

bojo

• Members

What would be the best boss distortion/overdrive pedal? I want a versatile pedal that can cover a lot of styles. My choices are : DS-1, DS-2, OS-2, SD-1. I play through a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with a Gibson Les Paul and normally use my amplifier distortion but I just want a versatile pedal to use with a looper.

• Members

Originally posted by konu57

Sd-1. Very nice overdrive.

I've heard some complaints about the newer model from taiwan vs the japan ones, but i guess it still is a great pedal...

• Members

Originally posted by blackmoreisgod

well, IMHO, if you're using it in conjuction with your Mesa, I'd say go for the SD-1, BUT actually I feel the DS-1 is more versatile, as you can wind the gain down and get a light break-up, or crank it for full out metal...

well the amp distortion on the mesa is heaven for me. i'm looking for a distortion pedal cause i use a boss rc-20xl to loop licks but since the looper is placed before the amp gain, i can't record a clean lick and then add some distortion over it or the opposite; it's either all clean or all distortion. the pedal i'm gonna get is not a distortion pedal that i'M gonna use a lot, but i still want a good tone... i'm still thinking about which one would work best... anyway, thanks for your opinion!

Archived