Best high gain distortion pedal for Fender HRD?

pktaskes

• Members

Was thinking of making the jump into a Line6 DM4 but I'd like to keep things simpler. Not looking for death metal stuff here but a nice steep Marshall/rectified sound.

Someone suggested the MI Audio Tube Zone or Crunch Box. The samples sounded nice.

• Members

i used to have a HRD and an EQ pedal helps a lot to tame the mids. changes the character of the distortion a lot. added a tube overdrive pedal as well. (specifically, a GE-7 and mesa V1 bottle rocket). but eventually just went with a single recto

• Members

Originally posted by pktaskes

Does Zoom stuff really sound good? I'm using a Line 6 AM4 right now...nice but a little too artificial sounding to me...and I'm not a tone snob either.

The Zoom analog pedals are a completely different beast. And they really sound good. Do a little searching on the Zoom Power Driver, Ultra Fuzz, Hyper Lead and Tri-Metal and you'll find they've got a pretty good reputation, even with tone snobs.

• Members

terrorizer how does that sound? They had one when I went to buy my Fulltone, but they had sold the power supply with a v-twin, and didn't have anything for it to be powered by. :( I really would have liked to have tried it, but I wanted something immediately, so Fulltone got my money.

• Members

Sounds awesome!
It is a bit on the dark sounding side but if ya' keep the bass loooow it's more than controlable.
It also has quite a bit of gain on tap. While it'll never be a distortion, it leans on the distortion side of things.
Also, it is kinda scouped in the high mids...

I use my amp's gain for gain/distortion/od for most of dirt rhythm playing but will use the V-1 on rhythm occasionally.
Mostly, I use the V-1 for thickening and boosting leads.
I highly recommend checking it out.

I'm sure that the place that had it could give you a HUGE discount not having the power supply as well as the V-1 has been discontinued. Call mesa and get one from them for cheap.
Happy hunting!
;)

• Members

I paid 200$ for mine new w/everything.
I would ask them to get what is needed to make it a complete sale if they expect to get a full price.
If they dont want that minor bother, find out what it'll cost for the adaptor, for the shipping, and then at least 25 dollars for the trouble and make an offer.
If they are a respectable place of business, they will get what is needed to sale it the way it came from the factory.
Also, likely it is a floor model because the fact that the power S is missing. Make it known that you want full warranty on the tubes (1 year) and/ or new tubes with the V-1 to ensure a proper business transaction.
Granted, I cant say for certain if it was a floor model but, look and you'll know.
Be patient and they should treat you respectfully.
If they are hardened criminals who will not budge, look elsewhere.
I feel confident that they will give you as what comes from the factory if you ask.
Good luck!
;)

• 1 month later...

Archived