really dumb question about amp outs

• Members

most amps have 2 types of out, a speaker out, then a line, or direct, or slave or whatever you want to call it out

IMG_5352.jpg

my garnet

what is the other out for. i have heard you can run one amp into another presumably by using this out, but i have always been too scared to try it.

• Members

Originally posted by amanonfire

so what are the +'s or running an amp into another amp?

Louder I guess. I've never done it. Some people use Univalve amps as preamps driving more powerful power amps and bypass the power section of the Univalve.

• Members

Its probably only for the preamp. I think you can run it into a power amp along with maybe another voiced preamp. Let say you run the out of your amp to a power amp and you also have a mesa preamp running to it too. Now you can switch between the two different voiced preamps on the fly.

• Members

Originally posted by inscho

are you sure its not another speaker out? my bandmaster has 2 speaker outs...

pretty sure (since the other one is circled) but i really dont know for sure. guess i could open it up and find out though.

what would a garnet into a univox sound like? curious.

• Members

yeah a really early pro (i think). it has some weird stuff that the garnet website guys couldnt really explain.

mine has 1 6c4 for tremolo instead of the 6au6, someone had modded it to take 6l6's (without telling the subsiquent owners and i was left wondering why the hell my tubes were bright red) and it also has reverb.

other freaky stuff: the tremolo is put before the power tubes (so it doesnt really work at gig volumes) and the 6sn7 drives the reverb... its a weird amp but it sounds fantastic

Archived