Props: Howard Davis

• Members

My EH Deluxe Memory Man finally fritzed, so I sent it to Howard for repair, alignment and mods. Right off the bat, Howard was quick and friendly with email correspondence and once the work was performed, I got the unit back quickly.

I can safely say that the DMM has been re-born. It sounds spectacular. The delay time has been increased. Overall clarity increased and the modulation sounds better. Howard did a few other mods (impedance, on/off LED etc) that are detailed on his site. He even cleaned the box up real nice and laquered it for protection. Totally cool.

If you've got a DMM, I highly reccomend Howards service.

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

Yep, he's the man when it comes to repairing old EHX pedals and/or analog delays.

Except for the old Russian Small Stones! he told me he wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole, and that i should get the USA version and THEN he would mod it!

Brian

• Members

Originally posted by trumpus

Except for the old Russian Small Stones! he told me he wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole, and that i should get the USA version and THEN he would mod it!

Brian

"Sorry we don't work on the Russian EH pedals. They are really cheaply made pedals so it's not really worth modifying them. The switches are really weird, hard to mount a normal stomp switch. Also jacks are attached to the board so they need to be pulled off and replaced with normal jacks, so it's very expensive. The USA small stones are inexpensive even with our mods, a much better use of money than throwing good money at bad with the Russian pedals."

thats from analogmans website. apparently, they really arent worth fooling with, cause howards not the only one who wont work on them. no problem though, since the american ones arent expensive anyway...

• Members

Yep, I just got my Electric Mistress back from Howard this morning. I only had a minute to play with it but it sounds much better than it used to. Quick turnaround too, and patient with questions. Good experience overall

• Members

Originally posted by b_man911

"Sorry we don't work on the Russian EH pedals. They are really cheaply made pedals so it's not really worth modifying them. The switches are really weird, hard to mount a normal stomp switch. Also jacks are attached to the board so they need to be pulled off and replaced with normal jacks, so it's very expensive. The USA small stones are inexpensive even with our mods, a much better use of money than throwing good money at bad with the Russian pedals."

thats from analogmans website. apparently, they really arent worth fooling with, cause howards not the only one who wont work on them. no problem though, since the american ones arent expensive anyway...

Ha! I never saw that - but i traded e-mails with him also and got the same response! It's a shame! I really like the way my Russian model sounds, but it needs sosme work!

Brian

Archived