addicted to youtube videos

• Members

I am on summer break for about two weeks and this stupid youtube stuff is absolutely wasting a ton of my time.... You can find anything music on there..

Amazing, but I wonder how they skirt the copyright stuff, as I have seen videos that are obviously taken from DVD's and such.

John

• Members
Originally posted by LongJohnny

I am on summer break for about two weeks and this stupid youtube stuff is absolutely wasting a ton of my time.... You can find anything music on there..

Amazing, but I wonder how they skirt the copyright stuff, as I have seen videos that are obviously taken from DVD's and such.

John

What do you mean by "skirt"? Are you suggesting youtube is full of whores or just people that dress like whores?

:wave:

:D

• Members

Sooner or later someone will go after YouTube for copyrighted stuff, and the good times will end. Tom Ellard of Australian techno/industrial legends Severed Heads has started asking people to pull any Heads stuff they've posted to YouTube without his permission. Its only a matter of time before someone with money will bring out the lawyers after finding their material posted there without permission.

• Members

Originally posted by LongJohnny

Reminds me of when I went to the Les Paul show in NYC at the Iridium, and he had a female bass player and he kept calling her, "The Skirt".

John

how was that show? I really want to get to see him before he goes...i mean he is a legend, and he is quite old.

• Members

Originally posted by tim gueguen

Sooner or later someone will go after YouTube for copyrighted stuff, and the good times will end. Tom Ellard of Australian techno/industrial legends Severed Heads has started asking people to pull any Heads stuff they've posted to YouTube without his permission. Its only a matter of time before someone with money will bring out the lawyers after finding their material posted there without permission.

it's already begun, networks like NBC have already had many clips pulled by threatening legal action.

just do a quick search for SNL and Conan clips, you'll see for yourself

• Members

Originally posted by booher

how was that show? I really want to get to see him before he goes...i mean he is a legend, and he is quite old.

The guy is a good player, but not great. He puts on one hell of a show. He was 90 when I saw him, and if I am doing that well when I am that old, I will have lived a good life. I got to go back stage before the show and meet him, as I had a very rare album of his, made in Germany(My in-laws got it for me).

He also surrounds himself with great musicians, and has special guests come up and play with the band.

I will try to find the pictures..

John

Archived