TU-2 vs Strobostomp ??

• Members

yes.

i own the tu-2 and i am satisfied so far with it.

BUT:

the strobo is of course more exact, better tonality because no tone-loss (well i have a tuner mute out in my looper so my tu-2 doesn't sit in my chain)... well cooler... hm.. the strobo looks more boutique and is blue.

and it is more complex. that means you can temper your tuner and you can have different tunings and and and...

upgrade?? yes it is worth!
necessary?? i don't know...

• Members

Ive had the strobo for about a month. I do my own set ups and I can tell you that all of my guitars have never sounded better. Chords are so much clearer and balanced. If you mix in the fact that its also a pretty good sounding DI box, it may be worth the xtra cake.

Here's the bad. They ALL seem to have an issue with the screen protector lifting off and the 4th bar on the left not reading properly. I tried a bunch of them at GC and they all had the problems. I am going to send mine back to peterson so they can rectify.

• Members

The Strobostomp is very accurate with a very sensitive display. I've compared it with my 490ST with excellent results. The Boss TU-2 is very accurate with a 'not-so' sensitive display, but very good. As such. you will be fiddling with your guitar and the Strobostomp a lot more than if using the TU-2 (spending more time tuning than playing ;^) :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by Esperanto

The strobo is 5 inches long and 3 3/4 inch wide...sorry I don't have any way to measure in metric

Of course you do. 2.54 cm/inch. Let me know if you need it beyond 2 sig figs.

• Members

I had the TU2 b4 the strobo, and there isn't much comparison on the accuracy and features. I like the strobo's ability to capture and hold notes while tuning and the TB over the TU2's ability.

I found the SS very easy to get the hang of. For the price, they needed to make it a lot more sturdy though. The jack connections and the display are common breakages, as well as a few other things. For the price, that's very poor...

...the Boss has the edge in the sturdiness and price stakes only.

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

I had the TU2 b4 the strobo, and there isn't much comparison on the accuracy and features. I like the strobo's ability to capture and hold notes while tuning and the TB over the TU2's ability.

I found the SS very easy to get the hang of. For the price, they needed to make it a lot more sturdy though. The jack connections and the display are common breakages, as well as a few other things. For the price, that's very poor...

...the Boss has the edge in the sturdiness and price stakes only.

agree 100%. the strobo's accuracy is unbelievable and I can't ever go back.

but sturdiness isn't an issue for me because I don't actually step on my strobo - have an a/b box as a tuner mute. also do that because the strobo would pop in true bypass mode. now no worries. strobo = :love:

Archived