Diago power supply

Toasted

• Members

i just signed up to tell you they are great :thu: seen as no one else has. i dont see a reason for anyone to use any other power source, they power most things, there small, no noise, power loads of pedals at once and the price is not bad really(no i dont work for them heheh)

here is my board. you can see the the diago top right everything takes its power from the diago, except the 2 ehx(there on there own plug) and the moog.

diagooo2.jpg

(yep thats a diago board too)

• Members

Originally posted by hurb

i just signed up to tell you they are great
:thu:
seen as no one else has. i dont see a reason for anyone to use any other power source, they power most things, there small, no noise, power loads of pedals at once and the price is not bad really(no i dont work for them heheh)

here is my board. you can see the the diago top right everything takes its power from the diago, except the 2 ehx(there on there own plug) and the moog.

diagooo2.jpg

(yep thats a diago board too)

how are u using the ringmod, it's kinda a strange setting..

• Members

the ring mod is still new to me so iam still messing with its settings ,

i think were its at in that picture is a kool setting because when you get the mix knob just right the ring mod is under you clean guitar makeing all these kool sounds as you play but not totally takeing over(useing the expression pedal on the freq too)

• Members

i havent used the godlyke, but they seem very alike , although the diago seems to be able to power more pedals (they have the 50 pedals one out now) the design is slightly smaller too ( looking at the pictures anyway.) the diago is based in the uk which is better for me and there customer care is fantastic.

• Members

The number of effects that any device can power is a function of the current, so saying that it can power n pedals is misleading. The godlyke delivers 1.7A, while the diago delivers 1.5A. Both deliver more current than anybody should ever need. However the diago site says it will power 30 pedals or your money back, but they're just banking on you not having an unreasonable pedalboard, because you could easliy overload either supply with less than 30 (well chosen;)) pedals.

Interestingly, while the godlyke can delivery 1.7A, the visualsounds onespot delivers 800mA. For some reason, many of the online sellers are misquoting the specs, saying the godlyke only delivers 800mA. Not sure why.

The biggest edge the diago has over the other options is that the actual plug has a lower profile. The godlyke and powerall are wallwart-like, in that they are about 1.5" tall. The diago is more like a laptop transformer....the actual device is inline with the plugs on either end. They did a great job with the plug, too, keeping it very sleek. So there you go.

• Members

Originally posted by hbar

The number of effects that any device can power is a function of the current, so saying that it can power n pedals is misleading. The godlyke delivers 1.7A, while the diago delivers 1.5A. Both deliver more current than anybody should ever need. However the diago site says it will power 30 pedals or your money back, but they're just banking on you not having an unreasonable pedalboard, because you could easliy overload either supply with less than 30 (well chosen;)) pedals.

Interestingly, while the godlyke can delivery 1.7A, the visualsounds onespot delivers 800mA. For some reason, many of the online sellers are misquoting the specs, saying the godlyke only delivers 800mA. Not sure why.

The biggest edge the diago has over the other options is that the actual plug has a lower profile. The godlyke and powerall are wallwart-like, in that they are about 1.5" tall. The diago is more like a laptop transformer....the actual device is inline with the plugs on either end. They did a great job with the plug, too, keeping it very sleek. So there you go.

droped some science there:D

like you say they both should power most peoples setups easily

unless youve got some freaky power hungry pedals.

• Members

Originally posted by hbar

the visualsounds also delivers 1700mA..

• Members

Originally posted by Robzilla

the visualsounds also delivers 1700mA..

danrather'd!

You're right...it used to only be 800mA, but then they upped it to 1.7A a while back. I didn't check the new specs before I posted.

Archived