My DL4 Died...

• Members

Well... I've heard all the stories... and finally today my Line 6 DL4 died on me. Well... It's not dead. Here's the deal. When it's in my chain no sound goes to my amp. The lights and tap tempo and all work, but the signal just doesnt make it to my amp. If I turn my amp on to 10 (Fender Super Reverb) I can JUST faintly hear it. I usually leave my amp on about 3 or 4 at home and that makes the walls shake. I took it apart and tried to blow any dust out of the sockets and I tried to get the circuit board out, but I couldn't really figure out how. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Members

Heh, you got off easy this time.
With some fresh fear-of-god in you, it might be time to sell it.
I went through 3 dead (under warranty) until finally my warranty ran up and my third died. A friend at the store was nice enough to refund all my money. I'm buying a Diamond Memory Lane :)

Seriously, they're scary {censored}. When I read the horror stories, I chalked it up to mistreatment, but believe me, I babied them all, and they would just go retarded for no reason. Sell sell sell.

• Members

Just when I was about to bid on a DL4, I searched and heard all the reliability issues associated with it.. plus that you can't tap the tempo in doted notes or triplets... so I went with the DD-20, and to my surprise, it sounds great and I couldn't be happier.

Francis.

• Members

Originally posted by Soulgolem

.. plus that you can't tap the tempo in doted notes or triplets... so I went with the DD-20, and to my surprise, it sounds great and I couldn't be happier.

Francis.

That was the one thing I couldn't stand abt my dl-4 either. I recently got a DD20 and I too couldn't be happier.

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

you freaks MUST realize that though the DD-20 and DL-4 share a lot of the same functionality, but they are not interchangeable.

stop automatically assuming that a DD-20

will easily replace someone's DL4- thats just R3T4RT3D.

Last time I checked they were both patch programmable delays, so unless you need that very special effect that's in one of the units, yes they are interchangeable in most cases.

• Members

no they are not.
the looping possibilities are quite different, and although it may come as a surprise that many folks depend on that function for music, its the truth.
the dd-20 fails miserably in the ease-of-use department for looping.

the dl4 does not count your delays down to millisecond. geez- why even start, i could go on for ages...

• Members

no they are not.

the looping possibilities are quite different, and although it may come as a surprise that many folks depend on that function for music, its the truth.

the dd-20 fails miserably in the ease-of-use department for looping.

the dl4 does not count your delays down to millisecond. geez- why even start, i could go on for ages...

I agree completely. They arent interchangeable. the live looping aspect and simplicity of the dl-4 is the reason i use it. If someone just wanted to use it for the presets, and not the looping, then the comparison would come in to question.

I used to use the preset delay stuff, but fell in love with the looper and use other delays ( ibazez ad-9, echo park, and digitech reverb) into the dl-4, so i don't have use for the presets

• Members

inscho:

14 seconds on normal mode,

but if you put it in 1/2 mode (last stomp switch on the right) and loop, you'll have 28 seconds.

i love the DL4.

i wish they'd come up with DL4 v.2

what is 1/2 mode? 28 seconds would be perfect for my uses...the dd20's looping time is awkward, and is hard to use as stated before...

• Members

you'll see.

the DL-4 kills the dd-20 in looping.

I had one for about 2 weeks but the switch died on me so I returned it and got the dd20....

I loved the loop function on it but always thought it was too short (should have read the manual :) ) and at the time I didn't really want it for looping.....so the dd20 was perfect

I bought a dl4 again because it was only a $100. Plus the DD20+DL4 is the bee's knees....and if I decided I didn't want it I can still sell it, and turn a little profit for that jazzmaster I am gassing for :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by hurleysurf

Doh! -_- Cable was stressed... Problem solved! Sorry!

perfect example of how strange quality control rumors get started.

i've owned 2 DL4's and neither went bad on me over a period of at least 2 years each.

oh well...

Archived