Expensiveness of pedals just kicked me in the derri

I just got a Wob and a Dop, and it was about $1,300 for the pair. :) But that was, IMO, a pretty good deal. Of course, I am going to have to drop a couple hundred more to upgrade them to V2... along with having a LED added to my Brown Source, which doesn't bother me so much, although the shipping to the UK and the wait time do. :(

• Members

If I was there, I'd help ya cuz that's just the kind of helping caring soul that I am.

Originally posted by Soulgolem

If i hit my face very hard and lose all my teeth, I might get them from the tooth fairy, worth a shot.

:: BOING ::

• Members

Try saxophones or woodwinds if you think pedals are expensive. Generally the prices are insane. A good medium level saxophone cost 1600 minimum:freak: My saxophone professor also plays flute and its worth $20,000. Most of his saxophones are 6,000 plus. Its insane. and god forbid you need work done on anything. I know going in that I'm going to spend at minimum a $100-200 every year getting things fixed and replaced on my saxophones, not including the 1-250 I spend on reeds. It makes me wish that all I played was guitar. Guitar and effects make my saxophone habit look cheap.

• Members

Originally posted by taylor210eman

Try saxophones or woodwinds if you think pedals are expensive. Generally the prices are insane. A good medium level saxophone cost 1600 minimum:freak: My saxophone professor also plays flute and its worth $20,000. Most of his saxophones are 6,000 plus. Its insane. and god forbid you need work done on anything. I know going in that I'm going to spend at minimum a $100-200 every year getting things fixed and replaced on my saxophones, not including the 1-250 I spend on reeds. It makes me wish that all I played was guitar. Guitar and effects make my saxophone habit look cheap.

This is discouraging. I hope pianos are cheap to maintain. They arent cheap to buy:( and I do want one:(

• Members

Eastman?

• Members

You don't study with Tim McAlister do you?

Violins/violas/cellos along with bassoons are in an entirely different level. I know people with 30 grand+ instruments.

• Members

No, Mark Vinci. He's a great saxophonist that has played with the BEST from Jazz greats like Woody Herman and Gerry Mulligan and Benny Carter and Horace Silver to people like Liza Minelli and Hugh Jackman (on his Broadway Show). definitely here ya about the violins and such. Scary costly. Guitars can be included if they're a Carved Archtop.

Originally posted by PFDarkside

You don't study with Tim McAlister do you?

Violins/violas/cellos along with bassoons are in an entirely different level. I know people with 30 grand+ instruments.

Archived