• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Mr. Poopsicle

Horrid vocals?
:eek:

Some good songs?
:(

I have the complete scores Beatles songbook and it has a couple Hundred some good songs.

Again, it's my opinion. Yours is different. I think their stuff is way overrated, you don't. I think they wrote a few good songs, and still do, you think they wrote a lot of good songs.

And yes, I think they were rubbish singers, really, really bad...in my opinion.

• Members
Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

Did you get a chance to listen to Ptgrrrhamsandwichtrowel yet?
;)

they stole all their ideas from phlegmbagelslicer, who although never having released an album and only having played 1.3 gigs were nonetheless massively influential (and rocktastic) on the one bootlegged single of the second half of their song "rumbaper" (note I am talking about the B side on the bulgarian bootleg, not the latvian one).

• Members

Originally posted by fernmeister

they stole all their ideas from phlegmbagelslicer, who although never having released an album and only having played 1.3 gigs were nonetheless massively influential (and rocktastic) on the one bootlegged single of the second half of their song "rumbaper" (note I am talking about the B side on the bulgarian bootleg, not the latvian one).

I found phlegmbagelslicer very derivative of jumblegruntwaffle's 2-note, 20-second debut EP, released only on dairylea slice with no sleeve notes. They nearly gigged once, and almost played at a band member's sister's friend's birthday party.

• Members
Originally posted by Jack Luminous

Ok then let me be the first to tell you in this thread that you have poor taste.
:cool:

Let me be the first to tell you I have different taste. I know the Beatles did a lot for music...I just don't like them very much.

Am I an Elvis or a Beatles man? Elvis all the way!

:)
:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by SpectralJulian

I used to be completely obsessed with the Beatles. Now I can only listen to the White album.

It is true that you can burn out even on the Beatles music. But then I hear "She said, She said" and my mind starts to percolate postive thoughts again.

In response to the non-believers. The Beatles music is timeless IMO and most others I would assume. Think about that. Can you see yourself creating or being involved in something that will always live in the hearts and minds of many forever. What more should human beings aspire too?

• Members
Originally posted by fernmeister

yeah but that strategy works even better if you can cite bands no-one has ever heard of.

:)

It's funny, but I am enough of a curmudgeon that I always assume the bands I've never heard of suck. For some reason I imagine noisy stuff played badly with no melody.

Maybe that's because whenever I check out these mystery bands, that's what they turn out to be. :thu:

• Members

Nothing is perfect and nothing is wholy timeless.

People thought music wouldn't evolve past Bach, and then along came Mozart. Mozart was supposed to be the musical genius to end all geniuses, then along came the Romantics. The same thing happens in rock and roll. It's just that it's so young as a musical form that we're not really aware of how it's going to change yet.

The Beatles will always be considered great, as will Bach and Beethoven. But people will stop listening to them, and not through any fault of the music. It's just how people run.

Archived