Questions for Rocktron multivalve / replifex users.

assinger

• Members

Hi, I bought a Rocktron Multivalve recently and have some questions

regarding levels and effect settings. While the manual describes the parameters extensively, there is very few information about what effect different settings have on the overall sound or what parameter settings would be reasonable.

- I use the Multivalve in 'direct' mode in a serial loop of an amp and set the DIR/EFF parameters for chorus,

flanger, phaser and reverb to 50%. The first thing I noticed was, that the 'volume' parameter in the mixer section has no function, if no effect is enabled. The manual says, that the 'volume' parameter determines the overall signal level of the current preset. No hint, that it doesn't work, if you didn't enable at least one effect or the hush circuit.

- I also didn't find a way to use the tremolo without enabling another effect or the hush circuit. Has anybody noticed this, too?

- There are two discrete delays (same apllies to chorus and flanger), but I only want to use one.

I found no description how to switch off delay two - is setting the 'delay out 2' parameter to '-infinite' the right way to do it?

So can anybody answer these questions or give me some tips how to setup the Multivalve?

I'm looking forward to your answers - thanks in advance!

• Members

Yep, as far as I remember you definately can't use the tremolo, eq and maybe other functions, too, without going through the hush circuit. Don't know bout the other things though, sold my multivalve long ago.

Archived