Boss DD-20 and tap tempo...

• Members

Hi everyone,

I've got a Digitech Digidelay and have been finding the tap tempo function on it a bit crappy and annoying, and have been thinking about upgrading to the Boss DD-20. I was just wondering if on the DD-20 you have to hold the footswitch down for any length of time to engage the tap tempo...?

Also, any other comments regarding the tap tempo, or any other feature of this delay would be much appriciated!

• Members

From memory you have to hold a button down for 2 seconds to engage Tap Tempo (someone will correct me i'm sure). As far as the rest of it, it's by far the best delay I've ever had, love the dual delay and tape sim. Reverse is a bit shakey but I love everything else on it.

• Members

You can plug in a cheap keyboard sustain pedal and that way the tap tempo is active whenever you want via the sustain pedal. Or you can tap it with a seperate button on the pedal labeled "tap" or you can do it like alteredsounds says.... hold down one of the pedals for two seconds and it engages the tap. Function. Best way is with the seperate controller pedal like a sustain pedal. Any non latching pedal will work. Boss makes one. The DD-20 is the greatest delay pedal ever created. Get nothing else.

• Members

Originally posted by canucker1981

You can plug in a cheap keyboard sustain pedal and that way the tap tempo is active whenever you want via the sustain pedal. Or you can tap it with a seperate button on the pedal labeled "tap" or you can do it like alteredsounds says.... hold down one of the pedals for two seconds and it engages the tap. Function. Best way is with the seperate controller pedal like a sustain pedal. Any non latching pedal will work. Boss makes one. The DD-20 is the greatest delay pedal ever created. Get nothing else.

Or even better get a standard momentary switch built in to a teeny tiny enclosure and use that for tap tempo - I have one that is about 1" wide and 3" long so it uses up very little board space. :)

Archived