New pedal that I just got in the mail... Time Glide Delay

• Members

I just got a Prophecysound Time Glide Delay in the mail today from Mike. It is a cool little pedal, that will spend some time on my board. I am going to get an expression pedal to unlock a few key features. The glide feature is very cool. It modulates the trailing delay signal for some wacky sounds. This can be made to self oscillate, but here is where an expression pedal would be best, to tame the beast a little. The controls are pretty straight forward, and I cant wait to get back and try it out a little more...

tgd

John

• Members

Originally posted by mumford

Is it essentially a less expensive Echoczar?

No ... I wasn't even aware that the Echoczar had the 'glide' feature until the first guy I sent one to told me.

Damn ... should have said yes, I guess! :D

• Members

Oh yeah, Mike,

I got the pedal, and everything is working as it should... I thought you would be sleeping right now...

Thanks for the quick shipping and excellent service.

What kind of pedal will work for the repeats/control jack? I can get a bespeco or rogue volume pedal for cheap and change the pot in it for best results.

Thanks,

John

• Members

lucky bastard. I bet the feedback control via expression pedal will help you integrate the pedal's "out there" capabilities into less "out there" contexts. I'd love a delay pedal that would behave itself for most of the song and then flip out with the nudging of an expression pedal at the perfect moment.

• Members

I'd love a delay pedal that would behave itself for most of the song and then flip out with the nudging of an expression pedal at the perfect moment.

Er, the Diamond Memory Lane does this. Exp pedal control of feedback and delay time on mine... suh-weet.

What's the deal with Prophecysound? I thought they were MIA-- any more details on this pedal?

Analog? digital? price?

• Members

Originally posted by LongJohnny

Oh yeah, Mike,

I got the pedal, and everything is working as it should... I thought you would be sleeping right now...

Thanks for the quick shipping and excellent service.

What kind of pedal will work for the repeats/control jack? I can get a bespeco or rogue volume pedal for cheap and change the pot in it for best results.

Nah, it's 8:00am here, gotta get to my 'day job'!

You need to use an expression, not volume pedal, like the Roland EV5 (which has a 'stereo' plug).. The pedal, when plugged in, effectively replaces the repeats pot, and the pot is used as a voltage divider, i.e. all three 'legs' are used. I'm not sure what would happen if you use a simple volume pedal ... you could try it and see, but for correct operation an expression pedal is needed.

• Members

Originally posted by LongJohnny

Just wondering what value/taper it would need to be most effective.

Cool ... a 100k linear pot will do it (as that's the the 'repeat' pot is). You'll get into self-oscillation towards the extreme end of the range (pedal down). The EV5 is neat because it lets you adjust the minimum number of repeats with the wheel-dialy thing at the side.

Archived