G12H-30 appreciation thread.

• Members
Originally posted by papa taco

That would be the broken in G12H30 available from Avatar, yes? By golly then I agree with the mmmmmmmmm.

taco

Si... 79.99, I wouldn't dare buy one at 119$ ever EVER again.

I can see the Celestion sticker under the hellatone sticker...

Picture018.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by tigger_ferret

I want to build a new extention cab where would be the best place to get speakers

www.avatarspeakers.com

best prices ANYWHERE for new celestions, especially Vintage 30's and G12h30's. 75$ for a new V30 that he breaks in for you, so that it sounds it's best the moment you get it. He also has a special edition v30 that you can't get anywhere else, it has a lower frequency response and smoother highs. And 79$ for a G12h30, also broken in. Both of those are usually 109$, and 119$ respectively.

• Members
Originally posted by Mistersuperfly

www.avatarspeakers.com

best prices ANYWHERE for new celestions, especially Vintage 30's and G12h30's. 75$ for a new V30 that he breaks in for you, so that it sounds it's best the moment you get it. He also has a special edition v30 that you can't get anywhere else, it has a lower frequency response and smoother highs. And 79$ for a G12h30, also broken in. Both of those are usually 109$, and 119$ respectively.

anywhere else that does international shipping

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Jaymeister

I have the V30 and G12H30 comination in my 2x12 amp. They are the Avatar Hellatone break in series. Very nice speakers.

I can imagine that sounds really sweet when playing at home or at band practise, but where do you put the mic. when gigging?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

If you can imagine, Weber makes one that's even better.
:eek:

...Hey ColorsoundKid, that is True as I was able to compare recently, & I like Teds version even better!!!...Weber Speakers are the Greatest!...

• Members

I've recently started using the Mojotone BVH30. After careful listening tests, I think it sounds more like my original (70s) G12H30s then the RIs do. It's really a great speaker. There is a BV25 greenback model available too. The cones are made in England and the frames are made here in the U.S. I must say...I was very skeptical but, they live up. I've turned a lot of local guys on to them and so far, no disappointments.

• Members

Originally posted by Heineken

I can imagine that sounds really sweet when playing at home or at band practise, but where do you put the mic. when gigging?

I usually mic up the V30. It sounds great. The soundman can get a good tap off that speaker.

Archived