Pedals you regret selling?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by zhivago

I would like to buy another lofi loop junkie at some point though
:)

Me too. I dont really regret selling it cos I rarely used it with the band, but it was cool for messing around with in the house.

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I'd still like to have my DM-3 back even though the DD-20 is awesome.

DM-3 blues ...
:cry:

Not to spam up your thread or anything, but I've got one for sale...

And to answer the question, the only pedal that I really regret selling would be the DL-4. I miss the looping, and I'll probably pick another one up in the near future.

• Members

Sold in desperation for less than they were worth at the time:

Akai SB1 Deep Impact

Prophecysound Infinitphase MKII

Could still be useful in some way, shape, or form:

General Guitar Gadgets Scrabbler

Holowon Static Egg

DOD FX33 Buzz Box

Effector 13 Noise Floor

• Members

15 years ago I bought a Mutron Bi-phase for 80 bucks (a fair price at the time) with the cardboard overlays and expression pedal. Sold it three years later for 300 bucks (seemed like a lot at the time).

At the time I was doing less studio work (where it really shined) and more gigging in a small van (too much gear, not enough space), and live it was sort of a pain in the ass.

Now I wish I had it back.

Kind of wish I still had the Mosrite 6/12 double neck. It was completely neck heavy though. Plus I made 5x what I paid for it. But on stage it looked fecking rightous.

• Members

What's a "life jack"?

But I get why you'd want it back. I used one into a Mesa Boogie IIB for a few years. It sounded killer. Great distortion: growled but still articulate. Plus it could do great, controllable feedback with my Les Paul Deluxe.

Loved it...

Originally posted by jonny guitar

the only one is an MXR Distortion II which I traded for a life jack back in 1986....20th year reunion is this year and I am going just to try and get my pedal back for the dude I made the deal with.

• Members
Originally posted by MBET

What's a "life jack"?

whoops...that does sound kinda kinky doesn't it.

Lifejacket. Traded a beat up repaired necked 1967 SG for Windersurfer and MXR II for lifejacket to go with it. Not my best trading moment in hindsight.:(

• Members
Originally posted by stereotypy

so why have you sold?

I traded it for a 535q wah pedal about 4 years ago, because I thought I would use that more. I do like the wah, but I found this old jamming recording that I had done with a friend around that time, and it had some really awesome swirly sounds. I've started missing it. :cry:

• Members

Chandler Tube Driver, sad :mad::freak::confused::o
Fender Super Champ, sadder, madder, freakier, dazed and confused, totally embarassed.

I know it's not a pedal, but that thing was a tone generator especally with the tube driver.

I sold my first chorus box, it was an old ibanez 18 volt purple/blue thingy. Nothing else sounds like it did.

Archived