MewithoutYou set-up?

bud_311

• Members

Originally posted by beezdeez

I was the same way... until I listened to Sufjan Stevens.

I'm agnostic, but you can't dismiss talent because of lyrical content.

seif's a hypocrite...

a Christian who hates Christian rock! :p

• Members

Originally posted by beezdeez

I was the same way... until I listened to Sufjan Stevens.

I'm agnostic, but you can't dismiss talent because of lyrical content.

i just heard sufjan stevens for the first time this week, i absolutly love it. ok mavs/spurs game is back on.

• Members

Originally posted by autopilot

more pix

10mewithoutyou.jpg
22640185_e43006ff74_m.jpg
sm_mewithoutyou02.gif

Beat me to it!

I was about to say I know they use our Trem-1.

Friends of theirs/clients of ours....Brazil...www.braziltheband.com....(WAY COOL PROG BAND!) turned me onto them a while ago.

VERY COOL BAND!

I will email Aaron(Brazil's guitarist and ace pedal guy) he should know. They are recording in NY at present with David Friddman(Flaming Lips etc).....Brazil that is.

:thu:

• Members

i can't really listen to their newest album... but i saw them on their (a) to (b) life tour, and their setup was:

one guitarist had an SG going into a fender twin reverb reissue with a large pedalboard (he said he was using a maxon overdrive pedal) and the other guitar player was using a jcm 900 half stack with a huge pedalboard. i forget what guitar he was using though- i think a les paul of some sort?

• Members

The forum on their website had some pretty good pictures and a diagram as well. The forum is now gone though.

I think mewithoutyou has an incredibly sound to their own.

Christian lyrics. Could you point out any of their lyrics that sound "christian".

• Members

While both Sufjan and, as far as I know, everybody in mewithoutYou are Christians, their whole point is not to be a "Christian band," but simply a band that makes good music that can be appreciated by people of all religions.

They think that putting explicit evangelistic content in their songs would lower the artistry of their music (at least to anybody who's not a Christian), and it would possibly even lower the authenticity of the message as well.

That's the increasing trend among Christian musicians, and I think it's probably a good thing. (being a Christian myself).

• Members

As someone has said before, I honestly don't think its worth it to hunt down any possible reference to religious preference. They don't set themselves apart in that way. I could see all kinds of people relating to their message because it's pretty universal.

Archived