Using SansAmp with GT8

• Members

Has anyone used any of the SansAmp Pedals (Classic, GT-2, Tri-AC) with a Boss GT-8, or other multieffector? I have a Tri-AC that I'm using with various pedals, but I get tired of doing the pedal dance.

I'm trying to establish settings on a multi-effector like the GT-8, in order to stomp once and select a reverb/chorus patch - or delay/octaver, etc. Anyone else doing this by inserting an amp modeler in the multi-effector 'chain'?

• Members

I would avoid inserting the TRI-A.C. into the GT-8's loop. Just go guitar ->TRI-A.C.->GT-8 and turn off the preamp and speaker sims on the GT-8, using only delays, modulation, reverb, etc.

Going first into the GT-8 means you start by converting your guitar's analog signal into digital. From this point on, no matters what happens further, you have already lost the "mojo". TRI-A.C.'s analog FET driven circuits respond in a much better, organic and warm way to your guitar nuances, therefore it should be better used first after TRI-A.C.

I remember the other guitarist in my band used to have a GT-6 and a JCM 600 halfstack. Initially, he used to go guitar->GT-6->clean channel of the amp. Then I discovered the 4 cable method, he implemented it (basically, using the JCM's preamp instead of the GT-6's) and everything sounded better (less mud, more definition, more picking dinamics, etc). After a while, he sold the GT-6 and had to go guitar-amp and he was like "damn, nothing beats this, NOTHING!!!" My concusion is that the less stays between your guitar and your amp's preamp, the better it will sound.

Archived