EQ pedal and effects loop?

• Members

Hey does anyone run an EQ in their loop, I have two mesa boogies and I want to use it with my subway rocket and just use it to boost solos.

I am using a clean boost in the loop right now and it gives me the volume I need but brightens the sound up too much

thanks

• Members

I am going to be trying out an eq and an SD1 and tubescreamer in the loop today and see how it works.

I 'imagine' the eq would work fine for a boost in the loop- maybe just boost the mids a little if nothing else.

Will be interesting to see if the sd1 works ??

• Members

Originally posted by Jasonguitar73

well running a clean boost isnt what I want to do, but when you run a eq or a clean booster like a micro amp in front of a dirty amp it just shapes the sound and adds more gain, it doesnt really give you any additional volume

True. Well actually it does add more volume, but the overall perceived volume increase depends on the amp's headroom. Sounds like your preamp has reached its headroom threshold before you hit the boost. That's the downside of using amp distortion.

You could use an EQ to boost volume, but they're generally noisy - far noisier than a clean volume boost. Might be quieter in a loop though...

Archived