OT: My GF of two years broke up with me

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

I always hated girls that broke up nice.

I'd much prefer a buch of {censored} yous, go to hells, and i wish i never met you. it makes a nice clean break.

girl speak translation-

i think we should see other people = i am seeing other people

i love you but i'm not ready for comitment = i am not ready to stop being a slut, and im probably seeing other people

we are not right for each other = I have found someone who is more right for me.

I dont think this is going anywhere = you are a loser because you are not a millionare at age 20

and if a girl kisses you when she is done breaking up with you, take a good look at your right hand. Since you will spend the next year waking up in piles of empty beer cans, and wont be showering, its all the action you are going to get for a while.

i agree. if the relationship is gonna end, go out with a bang! {censored} you's, i hate you's, everything you can squeeze in!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

i agree. if the relationship is gonna end, go out with a bang! {censored} you's, i hate you's, everything you can squeeze in!!!

when girls used to break up with me all nice, it made me think too much.

If it goes out in style, i can just be pissed and blame eveyone else... instant closure.

• Members
Originally posted by Brian Marshall

when girls used to break up with me all nice, it made me think too much.

If it goes out in style, i can just be pissed and blame eveyone else... instant closure.

The key is to not behave in a way that would allow her to break up with you nicely :D

btw, I think Esperanto's advice is dead on :thu:

• Members

It is really easy to find another better girl out there... you just have to give yourself some time. Finish all your homework and play the guitar all night.... better things will just come... it happens to me all the time.

You see if the girl gave you excuses to break up with you... mor likely SHE IS NOT worth it. Go out with your friends.... go in a bar... meet 'new' women!! not stupid cheap girls! :thu:

• Members

It sucks to get dumped. It sucks cause you tell yourself, {censored} mang, I should've dumped her first. I can't speculate on your situation but think about it: what's the real bummer? Being dumped or the end of the relationship? You wrote earlier that you were constantly arguing with her and once, had doubts. Your ego has a blackeye but your heart may be intact.

(gheyness deactivated)

• Members

Originally posted by stompboxx

Or, on the flipside, perhaps if she means more to you than the new friends, just don't see the new friend????

Women are strange creatures, sometimes you just have to give in and not rationalise it.

As soon as you jump through one of her hoops, she's got 10 other ones ready for you.

Next thing you know you've sold all your gear and you're buying cupcake a house and popping out kids. And then when she's not "emotionally fulfilled", she'll divorce you, take half of everything (if not all) as well as alimony and child support and you'll be broke with no gear to show for it.

• Members

I dunno....This seems like a situation that just begs for further discussion. I think you make the ovation and call her and ask to talk about this and see if you work out a solution to it. Not just give in - but a compromise.

If you care its worth a shot - maybe thats just all she wants.....If she wont compromise than it isnt worth it, but if she does, she will and you will benefit both of you....

I have been married for a 10 yrs plus and not every day is a great day (most are) but stuff comes up and you have to work it out - might as well get used to it now and see if you two are compatible....Its give and take all the time from both sides.

Neither has to give in 100% but there has to be a way or she is trying to tell you something. Maybe you arent making her confident you love her. Taking her for granted too much? Which will hurt her self confidence in such situations?

Maybe she just always wants it her way? Only you and her know - but these are things you should be asking yourself. These answers will make this easy or hard to get closure. If youdid everything you can - move on - if you didnt or could have done more - try and see if its not too late. Might well be the best choice you ever make.

• Members

Originally posted by capnbringdown

{censored} man, I need a woman. I got the jones, and they can {censored}ing sense it. But seriously dude, I think you should just have beat the {censored} out of her when she said she was leaving. She'd be totally flabbergasted. Then she'd realize that you had a wild side she hadn't seen, yet. Then tell her the only thing she's missing out on is anal sex and a three way. If she isn't prepared to do that, then she'll won't be missing out on anything a party can offer.

With an attitude like that, it's no wonder you can't get a girlfriend...

Good luck in prison!

• Members

Originally posted by erksin

With an attitude like that, it's no wonder you can't get a girlfriend...

Good luck in prison!

That has nothing to do with why I can't get a girlfriend. We could go into that, but we're trying to make the poor lad feel better. What the {censored} happened to this place, did everyone lose their {censored}ing sense of humor? Besides, while incidents of domestic abuse or often reported, they don't as often lead to arrest/emprisonment. How many times have you seen a girl with a blackeye go back to her trailor trash cracker beater?

Of course, it is shiv or be shived, but that's just a basic fact of life.

• Members

Originally posted by capnbringdown

That has nothing to do with why I can't get a girlfriend. We could go into that, but we're trying to make the poor lad feel better. What the {censored} happened to this place, did everyone lose their {censored}ing sense of humor? Besides, while incidents of domestic abuse or often reported, they don't as often lead to arrest/emprisonment. How many times have you seen a girl with a blackeye go back to her trailor trash cracker beater?

Of course, it is shiv or be shived, but that's just a basic fact of life.

those girls always go back to their cracker beater

I thought you were funny...but then again I've got a pair...and I've gone out with a few playboy,hustler, Penthouse models in my younger days

• Members

I'm sorry to hear that.
My girlfriend of two years and I broke up a couple days before my exams started this year (3rd year uni) and it was a pain in the ass to study. So I didn't really... haha

But you'll be fine, and better off in the end too... if she acts like this already it would only get worse. You have to look at the big picture.

• Members

she justs wants attention and you're lacking in giving it to her (attention)... it seems like you don't really know yourself if you want to be with that girl or not.. don't {censored} around and make up your mind or you'll have nothing... oh wait, that's where you're now...

• Members
Originally posted by ejk

I just got out of a relationship with a similar sort of ending.....basically she comes out of nowhere one night after not calling/returning my calls for a few days, tells me that she's the worst person in the world for doing what she did and that she wen't to some party without telling me about it.....doesn't want a long term relationship, I'm too good for her, she'll regret doing this, she still wants to spend time together, etc, etc, etc:rolleyes:.

Basically she's still a tad on the immature side and thinks that she'll be missing out on all kinds of "fun" at the end of the semester if she's tied down. Reality should set in for her sometime during the next few weeks.....and I'm sure she'll be calling again and doing the whole stereotypical routine that we're all familiar with. I just don't know if I should wait a few weeks and see what happens or if I should just go ahead and start moving on to somebody else. I do have somebody in mind, but I don't know if I should wait first or what......and I agree, dealing with all of this around finals time really does suck.

well, this sounds like exactly what I went through a few months back, heres my checklist:

1. identical lack of communication out of nowhere.

2. said lack of communication ends, as comes out of nowhere to tell me at one of the worst times to do such a thing. The night my relationship ended, I had end of term Japanese language exams, and if anyone else knows the frustration Japanese brings.. well, you get my point. put it this way, i failed.

3. still wants to be friends, but doesn't want to speak to me for a while.

3. She was a year younger and was "missing out".

man, i think it's time to take some new myspace photos. :o:(

• Members

{censored}in' A. I've been through the same {censored}.

Man if you love her you should talk to her about it. And be honest with her. If you have any slight interest in the other girls you need to tell her. It's all about being honest. Tell her it pisses you off that you can't talk to other girls, but it'll be {censored}ed if it's more than a friendship for you and you need to tell her if it is. Flirting with other people is iffy. I mean people say it's harmless but it's cheating's ugly cousin.

The biggest thing about people that are jealous is that they have a horrible time with imagination. They think the worst possible outcomes. So if she is worth the fix, you need to just be honest with her. Tell her that you hate being accused, but give her time to fix it. It doesn't not come quickly. She feels insecure that she isn't enough for you. So tell her that she is. But better yet, make her feel like it. Man, it's college, you are going to meet other girls. But treat her nice. She seems nice enough by the fact that she ended it civilly that she understands that it's an insecurity problem with her, but she still resents you for bringing it out in her. Girls are {censored}ing labyrinths. She was mature enough to just end it nicely but she still resents you. You need to clear that up. You all need to be completely honest from here on out and fix any grudge. Or it's going to lead to a game of "who is better off", you know where you all talk to each other occasionally but just to subliminally hint that you're life is honky {censored}ing dory without the other. Nothing good comes from it.

Damn, I had so many good jokes for this thread too, but I opted for the serious response. Mainly because I've been through this {censored}. At the same time of year and my grades were affected by it.

• Members

You should be celecrating the fact that you didnt marry her. You think she had a hoop for you to jump through then??? LOL You have NO IDEA!!!!!

A good theme to go by in a relationship is "start out like you can hold out" If she starts changing and acting controlling dump her ass. Then she'll be all like SORRY and COME BACK TO ME!! LOL

• Members

I'll add this.

First and foremost- {censored} partying and {censored} talking to girls. Exit out of HC and exit out of AIM. Only have an IE window open to do school-related {censored}.

Seriously. You need to crack down at this time. I learned this the hard way. I couldn't get the motivation to do anything but mope around and occupy my time with mindless tomfoolery on the internet (god I've always wanted to use tomfoolery).

Seriously, that's the best piece of advice I can give. She can wait a couple of days. Hell it's better to give it a couple of days so she can think about it. You need to just bust ass with school right now. Try your best not to think about it. Like nothing happened.

• Members

Gentle reminder...

Dude, you're 21 friggin' years old. It's a blessing...really. Your job at your age is to bang as many different chicks as humanly possible as often as possible.

It baffles me why young guys these days have this distorted fascination with getting tied down so soon. Get out and have fun at least until your late twenties. The whole big relationship thing will come and you will be ready for it.

Archived