dig this ...

• Members

ever jam with someone on the other side of the world??

i uploaded this song the other day, it was nothing all that special, just the usual pink rant, bored and {censored}ing around with recording {censored}.

my bud Whiteaxxxe over in Deutschland heard it, liked it, and offered to play drums for me, cuz i don't know {censored} about drumming/drum programming...it's all i can do to walk and chew gum at the same time, let alone like whistle and breathe, ya know??

he's a guitar player like me, so i was like, "yah man, that'd be cool as hell".....

so he dl'd my lame song, and played drums OVER my lame GM drum track..and posted the track on the plugindex site...bith with him playing over it and the actual drums themselves.

so i dl'd it and was blown away..it was REALLY good...spent the day re-mixing and uploaded it last nite.

i think it may be the best thing i've ever done now, after the help from a bud on the other side of the planet...

here's a link to a hi-fi 192kbs mp3 of it, if ya can put up with me one more time, i'd appreciate any feedback on the thing...i think you may diggit, it has some cool {censored}...talkbox, and even me RIPPING an almost metal solo (very unusual for me!!)..

anyways..here it is...

http://philandrews.com/jp/BHCS_WHITEAXEmix1.mp3

about 8.5 mb, don't try this on dialup...

thanks

jimi

• Members

yeah, my roommate who's a drummer, teleconferences with his buddy in LA over his Mac - they write music together by discussing what they want to do, synching their software to the same settings, playing, and then uploading the files to one another.

he uses an electronic drum brain and pad set, and BFD software, along with Garageband and some other stuff like DAW plugins, etc.

the stuff they make sounds just great too.
he spends about 3 hours every saturday afternoon playing and making this stuff.

• Members

that's pretty cool. just another reminder that the writing process can be anything it needs to be.

i've never done that around the world, but my friends and i, in college, would 4-track master tapes (cassettes) back and forth.

usually, whoever had the idea would record their idea for the song and send it to the drummer, who would then come up with drums for the song, but re-record and send it back to the writer. then they'd re-record the main idea, and pass it on to the next guy.

it worked ok.

• Members

we dreamed about doing stuff like this when i was young...
first time i ever did it, the amazing thing to me was the track he came up with OVER mine initially...that wasn't bad, but once i took out the cheesy backbeat loop i made...wow...
thanks for the feedback!!
rock on, gents!:thu::wave:

• Members

The singer and I from my old band are still writing a bunch of music back and forth across the internet. He moved 1000+ miles away (not quite the distance you're dealing with) and I find it amazing we can keep in touch this way.

1. He does acoustic+vox recording
2. I arrange the bitch and record the music
3. He sings over my stereo mix, sends recording...
4. I do the final mix and viola!

• Members
Originally posted by The*Ataris

The singer and I from my old band are still writing a bunch of music back and forth across the internet. He moved 1000+ miles away (not quite the distance you're dealing with) and I find it amazing we can keep in touch this way.

1. He does acoustic+vox recording

2. I arrange the bitch and record the music

3. He sings over my stereo mix, sends recording...

4. I do the final mix and viola!

ain't that Voila??
LOL
tis a true gas, ain't it??
just found out this cat has played with John Mayall...
only really SHABBY gtr players get THAT gig, from what i'm told...;):wave:

• Members

Suggestion: Mix the guitar louder during the non-vocal parts. Maybe turn down the drums a bit, but I think it's the guitar that needs to go up, not the other way around.

Anyway, I wasn't thrilled the first time I heard it, but now it's great!

• Members

thanks for the constructive feedback, bro....
i agree, i thought it kinda sucked before...
now it's a horse of a different colour.
when i get a chance to remix, i believe i will do exactly as you say...
you mean the rhythym guitars in particular, right??
they can be kinda faint in spots..
thanks!:thu::wave:

Archived