Lofi Loop Junky "Music Box" effect from other pedals?

befey

• Members

use your fingers for controlled vibrato and a low pass filter for the analog sound. :thu: alternavtiely, wire up a bunch of tone sucking pedals with a vibrato pedal at the beggingin.

theres actually no way of coping the tones this box makes. its been stated many a time by zvex, the sound degredation is a direct result of the circuit and can't be done live.

• Members

The closest you can get is Fuzz (with guitar volume down to give a just dirty sound) into a Vibrato pedal that have a center control to make kinda oblong waves...I use the Captain Coconut and it does a good job of replicating the LoFi signal when I play along with it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by jonny guitar

The closest you can get is Fuzz (with guitar volume down to give a just dirty sound) into a Vibrato pedal that have a center control to make kinda oblong waves...I use the Captain Coconut and it does a good job of replicating the LoFi signal when I play along with it.

I agree, running a comp after the CC2 also helps make it more lo-fi like. Having heard Zach say so often that the Vibrato couldn't be replicated, I was pleasantly surprised when I played with the Vibrato of the CC2.

It's not identical by any means, but it can come reasonably close considering the effect is applied to 'live' guitar and not a loop.

Only downside is that it's not a cheap solution, but the upside of that is you get uni-vibe chorus, fuzz & octave effects for about the same price as the Boss Vibrato and clones would cost!

• Members

The outro to "Life" by Our Lady Peace reminds me of the unlooped effect on the Lofi Loop Junky. It sounds like a cocked wah running into a chimey delay, then running into a trickly delay... Yeah, that's probably nothing like the Lofi, but it still might get you a nice music box sound. ;)

• Members

i've never said vibrato can't be replicated. the Boss vibrato pedal is fantastic, i have one of those, and the TC electronics vibrato/chorus is great too. what i have said is that i can't get the exact sound of the lo-fi in real-time because that chip requires a complete record/playback cycle to get that effect:

a combination of intense limiting, 2.8Khz brick-wall lo-pass filtering, low resolution unpredictable signal sampling, and assymetrical tri-wave vibrato.

Archived