Smallest best sounding Leslie effect....

SJB

• Members

I was thinking Option 5 Destination rotation.

I know the H&K is the best - too big. There's only one spot left on the old pedal board and it can't be bigger than a Voodoo labs style pedal.

Got the microvibe - trading that bad boy in for a wah wah.

Already tried combining that with Trem and delay.

Do any come in a Jacques size or MXR size?

Am I dreaming?

Is there a custom one out there that'll fit into an enclosure that small?

Cheers

SJB

• Members

Originally posted by pinkjimiphoton

or the dano rocky road...the chicken salad is more like aunivibe sans foot treadle.

if ya get a rocky road tho, make sure ya do the mod to it...huge difference!

Yes, the mod is essential on the Rocky Road. But I think the Rocky Road sounds more like a Fender Vibratone than a Leslie cab. But the Rocky Road is very good despite the fact that it dosnt cost a fortune. I also have the old Arion SCH-1 and thats a great pedal to.

• Members

i wouldnt say the mod on the rocky road is absolutely needed. i have not modded mine and it gives me two playing options this way (with drive set to "0"):

- just step on it and you have a perfect leslie lead sound as the pedal tends to boost the volume and also a bit the drive on his own. you don't have to step on a booster first and its very handy

- just back of to taste your guitars volume knob and you have a cleaner and quieter leslie rhythm sound

i think i won't mod it as i like it like it is. but ... i hate those tiny knobs. they are way to close and you have to step really hard on the thing in order to get it to work and sometimes it WON'T WORK!!!:mad: its not very reliable ...

• Members

Originally posted by Steven Edmunds

Yes, the mod is essential on the Rocky Road. But I think the Rocky Road sounds more like a Fender Vibratone than a Leslie cab. But the Rocky Road is very good despite the fact that it dosnt cost a fortune. I also have the old Arion SCH-1 and thats a great pedal to.

sorta kinda....it was close enough where i stopped schlepping my leslie 12 or whatever to gigs...

but you have a point, it DOESN'T nail the spinning horn aspect.

they need to reissue them in stereo in a bigger pedal with a crossovwer so ya can get the lo and hi rotor thing happening in stereo, out of phase...like the real deal...THEN they'd NAIL IT...

but they need the mod.

all you have to do if you want the original sound is turn up the distortion level.

then it's sounds stock.

the pedal sounds WAY CLOSER withOUT the stock setup...that lame diode clipper they use in it colours the sound in a bad way in comparison to the actual leslies i've used.they sound better with a decent overdrive than what's stock, but whatever works for someone is cool!

Archived