Qtron+ Owners?

inscho

• Members

Filter Virgin Here,

Can somebody give me the low down because I suddenly find myself in the market for a funky filter.

Any soundclips aside from the ones on MF? and are there any other filter pedals I should look into?

thanks

:wave:

• Members

if you don't want to spent money on a meatball or its clone... the q-tron or maybe the q-tron+ is the best envelope filter imo!

it is designed by the mutron guy and sounds great. the loop the plus version has is a nice extra but not important. (if you'll get this, try a fuzz in it! really nice!)

there are other good filters for sure, but ehx does great fx in that genre.. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by stereotypy

yes... they're big.

i found the q-tron a little bit "crazier" than the af-9 though that one surely is a great filter too.

the emma .. well i heard this one's week...

I have never played the Emma but I heard the same things as well. I also heard raves for it and Warren Haynes uses it so I don't know what to believe.

Another one to look at is the Tonefactor Analog Filter.

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

another vote for the FX25, I get some funky tones out of it.

I had a fx25 and really didn't like the way it responded.

I have a boss tw-1 which i like. got to buy them used since they're no longer made

go EH's web site...they've got a page w/many many sound clips.

• Members

I have and like the q-tron+, it was designed by the same guy who did the mu-tron as a "clone" of the mu-tron III, IRC :)

I had the mutron III, but sold it to funksta, and I would say it is close to the mutron but cleaner. Clean is good but the mutron has this clasic hifi noise (think mcintosh amps) to it, some say its mojo, but to me it is a noise of some sort that is very pleasing to the ear. The q-tron+ doesn't have this :(

but if your not looking for that, then it is low noise 18 volts filter (higher headroom) mutron clone that has cleaner sounding but also has a effects loop :thu:

look towards the chunk oofunk for the mutron sounds IMHO

• Members
Originally posted by Alex D

I have and like the q-tron+, it was designed by the same guy who did the mu-tron as a "clone" of the mu-tron III, IRC
:)

I had the mutron III, but sold it to funksta, and I would say it is close to the mutron but cleaner. Clean is good but the mutron has this clasic hifi noise (think mcintosh amps) to it, some say its mojo, but to me it is a noise of some sort that is very pleasing to the ear. The q-tron+ doesn't have this
:(

but if your not looking for that, then it is low noise 18 volts filter (higher headroom) mutron clone that has cleaner sounding but also has a effects loop
:thu:

Thanks for the info....I think I will end up buying a qtron in the near future what is a good price to expect on one?

• Members
Originally posted by Alex D

I have and like the q-tron+, it was designed by the same guy who did the mu-tron as a "clone" of the mu-tron III, IRC
:)

I had the mutron III, but sold it to funksta, and I would say it is close to the mutron but cleaner. Clean is good but the mutron has this clasic hifi noise (think mcintosh amps) to it, some say its mojo, but to me it is a noise of some sort that is very pleasing to the ear. The q-tron+ doesn't have this
:(

but if your not looking for that, then it is low noise 18 volts filter (higher headroom) mutron clone that has cleaner sounding but also has a effects loop
:thu:

I have the Mutron and the Moog, and the Mutron gets my vote! Although the Moog is probably more capable of crazyness with the CV ins and outs.

Archived