Your top 5 guitarists?

• Members

Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton & Pete Townshend: the holy trinity of electric guitar; they made the electric guitar to what it is today.

Tommy Emmanuel : my favorite acoustic player. Noone comes close.

Joe Satriani : his amazing combination of technique, riffs and melody

Carlos Santana : for having the single most recognisable singing lead tone.

The Edge : without him U2 wouldn't be the best rockband on the planet, his rhythem playing is the best.

Not on the list but in my top ten:

Mark Knopfler
SRV
Eric Johnson
Stevie Vai
Eddie Van Halen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

-Eric Johnson for his approach to pentatonics

-The Edge for teaching everyone how to use delay in rock music

-Pat Metheny for his musically intelligent phrasing

-Allan Holdsworth for his incredible legato technique

-David Gilmour for he knows how to tweak pedal effects, amps and guitars to get THE sound of them

However, I left many players out. Some of them are: Scott Henderson, Alex Lifeson, Hendrix, Thom Yorke, Jonny Greenwood, ED O' Brien, Frusciante, Steve Vai, Satriani and so on...

• Members

in order

numero uno... Jeff Buckley, my musical hero and imo the greatest musician to have ever lived. He's my elvis
6823152.jpg

Prince... when i can play like him and dance like he does at the same time! Then i can die a happy man
507482_356x237.jpg

Sam Herlihy from Hope of the States one of the best live guitar players i've ever seen and the songwriting is immense. Been through a lot as well and still making incredible music
sam_herlihy.gif

paul weller... I've always loved the jam and i really admire the way he spans genres
paul_weller.jpg

Nick Valensi... simple but exactly what is needed in his parts... i really like the stuff he's doing with Regina Spektor at the moment as well.
Nick%20Valensi.jpg

• Members

Hendrix
SRV
Eric Johnson
Eric Clapton
Doyle Bramhall

I think,,,, i dont listen much to Clapton any longer, but he did influence me a lot for a very long time, so i will mention him to.

Michael

• Members
Originally posted by J.C. IV

Ok,

1. Jack White

2. Stuart Murdoch

3. R.L. Burnside

4. Billy Corgan

5. Billie Joe Armstrong

Is that better for ya?

Wasn't mean't to be directed at you mate ... there have been worse offenders in this thread don't worry! ;)

• Members

most influential to me are (in no real order)

Rivers Cuomo (weezer) - this guy made me want to play guitar, much,much more skilled then he gets credit for
weezer2.jpg

Steve Morse - he makes me want to practice my technique and scales, and i play his signature model ;)
sm2.jpg

Johnny Greenwood (radiohead) - the parts he adds to the music, especially in the bends and ok computer, are absolutely stunning. he knows how to add emotion through the guitar.
radiohead_web.jpg

George Harrison - my favorite slide guitar player, along with derek trucks. he knows how to play the perfect guitar parts for songs.
George.Harrison.jpeg

Elliott Smith - this guy was an amazing acoustic player. i have respect for people who can carry a song live with just an acoustic and their voice, smith could do it quite well.
elliottsmith.jpg

• Members

mike einziger (creative playing/songwriting)
eric johnson (just a bastarD)
james hetfield (song/riff writing)
srv
adam jones (song/riff writing)
allen epply (song writing)
the edge (creative playing/songwriting)
Dave knudsen of mtb. (creative playing/songwriting)

Archived