Question on Epi Valve Junior + Effects

• Members

Okay, so I've heard good things about the epiphone valve junior head. It has only a speaker out (of various ohms, like 4 to 16 I believe). Is there any way that the speaker out could somehow go out to some stompbox effects, and then from the effects into a computer-based virtual cab? Or are speaker outs not useable as a line out? If so, is there anything you could run the "speaker out" into that would transform it into a line out?

Thanks much for your answers ahead of time, and I apologize for my ignorance about speaker outS. I've only ever used combo amps.

:wave:

• Members

I'm so drunk I can barely speak but I do have a epi valve combo so I can vouch for its greatness. Get the head it has outs for 4, 8, 16 ohms apparently and I can tell you it sounds {censored}ing fantastic with a tube change. I'm sure theres some way to work it with some stomp boxes etc, good luck.

• Members

Originally posted by HuskerDude

Do NOT plug a speaker out into your pedals, or your computer. You'll fry all your fun toys that way.

Okay, thanks, I was afraid it might do that. Is there some kind of converter box or something that I could get to run in between that would change it from speaker out to line out?

• Members

an attenuator...like the THD hotplate would do it...but they are worth quite a bit more than the amp in question. really anything that has a dummy load and a line out feature should work for you

• Members

For a line out (for your computer) you could take it into an amp tech and have them tap into your signal post-preamp and put a jack on the back of the amp or something. That shouldn't cost much. Maybe $150. For pedals post preamp, pre-power amp you'll need a full effects loop so you'll need
even more mods. Not worth it.

Get a crate V30 head you'll like it more all class A and sounds AWESOME. Or a Peavey classic 30 head.

Archived