How can I tell if an Ibanez TS-9 has had the Keeley Mod?

• Members

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a local used Ibanez TS-9 which is apparently Keeley-modded. Any way of telling by looking at it if it has in fact received the Keeley treatment. Just don't want to get ripped off!

Thanks!

• Members

When turned on, the led must be a very bright, ultraglowing blue. Changing the stock red led to a blue one is part of Keeley's trademark.
Another thing should be a Keeley sticker on the up side (under the 9V jack).

• Members

I didn't get a sticker on mine - possibly because I had the pedal modded rather than buying it directly? Next time I purchase something from him, I'll have to ask for one, although I hear he doesn't like to give them out.

• Members
Originally posted by jeverist

I didn't get a sticker on mine - possibly because I had the pedal modded rather than buying it directly? Next time I purchase something from him, I'll have to ask for one, although I hear he doesn't like to give them out.

Mine, too, was modded (I ended up paying EURO 300 for whole this pedal :eek: ), but it came back with the sticker on. They also included the big sticker you can see on my wireless receiver.

• Members

Originally posted by danut

When turned on, the led must be a very bright, ultraglowing blue. Changing the stock red led to a blue one is part of Keeley's trademark.

Another thing should be a Keeley sticker on the up side (under the 9V jack).

DON'T judge it based on the LED -- there are literally hundreds of people who mod pedals now and most of them use blue, yellow or green LED's. There would most likely be a RK sticker on the front, a sticker INSIDE on the bottom plate, as well as a signature. If it doesn't have these...chances are it is modified, but not by RK.

bw

Archived