what is your price limit for a single pedal

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by StompboxMan

:wave:
I saw Lovetone Wodulators in 99 go for $900. I got mine from Lovetone for $369.

I should have jumped aboard back when they were still in production.
:(

Check out that Doppelganger trick at the Lovetone Lounge to expend the LFO sweep.

Will do - thanks.
:)
Both are V1's, so I may end up sendng them both back to Dan for V2 mods.

The most any non famous person should pay is $500 because any pedal over $500 should guarantee fame!

Havn't you heard? I already AM famous.
;):p:o:D

• Members
Originally posted by markom89

The most Id spend is just under $1500, I just got a ML yesterday and thats probably up there at $450...

Mark, your answer doesn't count. You can't participate in this thread. The question was, "What is your price limit...", not "Your Daddy's price limit". :rolleyes: Stupid kids....

• Members

actually rethinking my position on this... as i don't have a morgage or a family to support like a lot of you guys i can put all my meagre earnings into equipment...

the more expensive stuff just takes longer to save up for. So really i don't think i have a price limit. Just some stuff is gonna take a long time before i can afford it

of course usually i start saving for something, get half way and then my eyes start to wander and i forget about the original thing.:rolleyes:

• Members

The price I'll pay for a pedal is in part dictated by it's vintage or resale value. The most I've paid so far was 900 bucks for a combination of a Univox Univibe, an EH Attack Decay, Jordan Bosstone, and EH LBP1. The seller said they were all broken. It turnes out to be a great deal because all of them were easily and inexpensively repaired. I figure I got them for half price.

Hell, if I found someone with a synthi HiFli I would happily pay 1500 to get it and not worry about it.

Otherwise my limit tends to run in the 200-450 range.

I think the echozar angelbaby combo sounds great but can't justify dropping 900 or more. Particularly when I have so many other options.

Of course if they are selling for 3000 on the "vintage" market in a couple years I'll be kicking myself...

Archived